1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Canadian Roll-Call

Discussion in 'Local Prius Club Main Forum' started by ECHELON, May 7, 2008.

1. Radon

Radon New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Heya,

I have a 450 I was on the waiting list when they first came out.

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    ohh nice! I have a 451.

3. The Bigyun

The Bigyun New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    there from the Big Yun. This is my first post since I picked up my 09 at the end of Novemeber. Am averaging 50mpg (imperial) and have 9000kM+ on the clock already. No snow tyres and it has not been a problem so far. Most enjoyable car that I have owned.:grouphug:

4. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Congrats and :welcome: to PriusChat!

Check out the other thread in this forum for an invitation to the unveiling of the 2010 Prius if you're interested!

5. Dipstick

Dipstick New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Checking in from Lethbridge, Alberta...

Just picked up a used '08 black nav model, with 17 000km. I absolutely love the car. On my drive home from buying in Calgary, I got 5.4L/100 on a 230km trip. After that in town and on short highway trips (in -15 to -30 deg C) I'm at 6.7L/100km over about 400km.

I'm thinking about doing some grill blocking to try bring the engine temp up quicker. I'm having lots of fun with pulse and glide, I find it a lot easier to "get electric" by getting to speed and backing off than taking off really slow...

Had some interesting experiences with my first fill up (as per usual looking at some of the threads here), but its not a huge deal.

Cheers,
    Bruce

6. icebird144

icebird144 New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Hi from Toronto

Been a Prius owner for almost 2 months. Love this car :D

Been getting 5.1L/100km for almost 5000km now. Waiting for the day to drop to 5.0L

7. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
  8. Munro

Munro New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hi...I know this response is a little late but I just read it today. The gas mileage seems low...6.4L/100km is actually about 44 mpg.

My 2008 Prius get about 52mpg on average and I drive the 401 a lot here in Ontario. I know that modifying your driving techniques can help increase your mileage slightly.

As for the tires...for the first time ever I have had to put snow tires on a car and I have been driving for a lot of years...but where we are in central Ontario close to Lake Ontario we generally never get enough days in the year to justify changine tires. Have always used good quality all season radials. With the Prius I found as the temperature got colder and when the roads got contaminated with a little slush, snow or ice...the abs and vsc was working but the braking was not effective. Talked to Toyota dealer and put on snow tires and the difference was remarkable.

I suspect the all-seasons are very good on this car but in order to get the better rolling resistance and to improve the mileage they have gone for a harder compound in the tires. Anyway the snow tires work well and for now I accept this solution although I do not drive on many bad days.

9. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Just keep in mind he's quoted US MPG. You're quoting Imp. MPG so you're both right lol. A good number of us quote in US MPG so you'll see 50mpg as a really good number when it's actually 60mpg Imp.

10. dr_d12

dr_d12 Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Do most people in Canada use Imperial MPG?

I use L/100km but when people ask me about mileage in MPG I usually say "about 48". If they are thinking in imperial, I should be saying more like 58.

Maybe this explains the ad I just heard on the radio that the Yaris gets 50MPG on the highway when I think it only gets 40, and the people that keep saying they got 50MPG 'with the old civic'.

MPG is pretty useless when there is more than one M.

11. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Don't know but I avoid all confusion by saying it in L/100km. In that case, the Prius gets 71mpg lol.

And you're pretty far north, farther than I am and I thought I was fairly north lol.

Lastly, are you in Japan? You have an S Touring.

12. dr_d12

dr_d12 Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

Nope, I'm in Northern Alberta for this winter, and I'm a long way from home (Toronto). It's still very much winter up here.

I thought all Canadian Prius were the Touring model, the S Touring seemed like the best fit from the list. Is the S Touring only sold in Japan?

13. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    That explains it lol. It's still winter down here at 53°N

Nope. We never had a "Touring" model (even though the 2008s and all but the base 2009s have the 16" alloys and longer rear spoiler akin to the Touring model). For Canadians, we'd just choose the package letter.

In Japan, they sell the S, S Touring, G, G Touring and G Touring w/ Leather. There was also an S 10th Anniversary Edition.

14. shar1950

shar1950 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello from Hinton,Alberta....2007 basic with 39,000 km, just saw this forum today.

15. dr_d12

dr_d12 Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I also have the touring suspension - the only thing that's missing as far as I know are HID headlinghts.

16. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    :welcome: to PriusChat!!

mmhmm. No Canadian-spec Prius had HID or leather.

17. Edward Walsh

Edward Walsh New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello and Greetings from the 'Rock' - Newfoundland!! :)

Living in scenic Spanish Room located just outside Marystown on the Burin Peninsula.

Looking forward to getting our 2010 Toyota Prius in Blizzard Pearl and Premium Package with Solar Panels very soon!

Edward
    Marystown, Newfoundland
    Canada

18. eblim

eblim New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    HI All
    I just signed up today as a member. My 2009 Prius is all of 10 days old today and we have not put in even 300 km on it yet but come month end and into September we shall be off to Vancouver and Victoria and that should put a couple of thousand kms on the car and it should be a nice drive in the fall. I want to see if I will really get that 100/4.3 ltr as claimed.

19. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    hello and welcome! wow, I'll be taking a trip down too but at the end of Sept instead.

Yes but you'll need to work at it and don't expect it in the first year. It took me 3 years but I finally got 1 tank of 3.9L/100km and 3 tanks of 4.0L/100km 100% city driving.

P.S. we don't use package numbers in Canada. It's a US thing. Do you know which package you have?

20. eblim

eblim New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

Hi

I have the xenon lights and fogs, All the other stuff wthat I wanted was already standard. My model is pretty near the base model but that was all I wanted.
    Any tips on driving it when you say I have to work on it to get higher milage? I read that the milage gets better in the second and third years. We shall see.

eb