1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Canadian Voice Control

Discussion in 'Prius v Audio and Electronics' started by BlizzardPearlV, Dec 30, 2011.

1. BlizzardPearlV

BlizzardPearlV Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    N/A
    I am noticing some pretty enoying things with my voice contolled nav. I can give it a command to find nearby "insert command" and it will come back with no results. When I come to a stop and manually enter in the same thing I will get results. The very odd part is after I pull up results manually it seems to be able to recognize them with voice control.

So my question is this. How close is the voice activated "find nearby" command searching or is something going wrong with my head unit.

Also another question for my Canadian Pri Vees with touring and tech. I am using an Iphone 3gs and bluetooth audio does not bring up any artist info and wont let you browse music which partially defeats its purpose in my opinion. Again is that something that is wrong or just the way it is. Also when my phone is connected I can not seem to get it to notice new messages like it describes in the manual. Is this feature enabled in Canada or is it again another case of a feature that is not working on this head unit.

Any information would be great.

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I can't answer the first one since you have a different headunit than mine but for the second one, it may be a 3GS thing. Both the phone and the car need to support AVRCP 1.3 or higher to allow metadata to display. The Prius does but the iPhone (even on the 4) didn't support it until iOS5. (and had AVRCP 1.2 back in Nov 2011 so I've been waiting for a year and a half to full use the Prius' headunit.. Thanks Apple).

Might wanna check the specifications of your 3GS or see if any other 3GS owners chime in.

3. MBRGuru

MBRGuru Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    For the voice search it's probably limiting results in a small radius, not sure exactly what it is.

Like Tide said, metadata is new to iOS 5 and Apple still doesnt support browsing playlists over Bluetooth (AVRCP 1.4). Apple also doesn't support MAP so you won't be able to access texts or E-Mail until Apple decides to support it.