1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Canadians: Who got their free Prius 2004 cargo net?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Eug, Mar 25, 2004.

1. Eug

Eug Swollen Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Technology
    What is the problem?
    On certain early 2004 model year Prius vehicles, due to a factor specification error, a cargo net was not installed in the trunk of the vehicle.

What will Toyota do?
    Any Toyota dealer will install the required trunk cargo net at no cost to you.

What should you do?
    Contact any authorized Toyota dealer to schedule an appointment to have the cargo net installed in the trunk of your vehicle.

The labour time necessary to perform the repair will take approximately 15 minutes to complete. However, depending upon the dealer's work schedule, it may be necessary to make your vehicle available for a longer period of time.

This campaign offer will terminate on March 31, 2007.

2. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Damned Canucks...good air, free healthcare, and now free cargo nets??

:cussing:
    :mrgreen:

3. bookrats

bookrats New Member

And Tim Horton Donut Shops, to boot. It makes one weep. :)

(I keep wishing that the Canadian Priuses had the custom body moulding accessories that (I think) I've seen on the French Prius pages. Unfortunately, non.
    )

4. DaveG

DaveG Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Got my free cargo net installed.

Dave.

5. Eug

Eug Swollen Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Technology
    Did you have option "B"? I did, and I'm wondering what this sentence means:

"On certain early 2004 model year Prius vehicles, due to a factor specification error, a cargo net was not installed in the trunk of the vehicle."

6. Smooth Operator

I had mine installed last weekend. I also picked up the cargo mat as well.

I think the "certain" refers to the delivery schedule. I picked up my Prius on November 21. It was delivered to the dealership on the November 20 launch date, but it took them a day to do the prep as it was the first one they were selling. I think they messed up on the early deliveries and that after they realized the problem, the rest have had the cargo net installed at delivery time.

BTW, there are photos of the cargo net and mat in my car in the Photos section here.

7. DaveG

DaveG Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Yup, I have a "B"

Originally the window sticker said that the cargo net was supposed to be included, however they have since removed that extra.

I think they are just supplying the cargo nets to anyone who had an order in the system before the cargo-net change date (early January, as far as I remember).

Dave.

8. Eug

Eug Swollen Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Technology
    Yeah, I ordered in Nov., and thought I was supposed to get a cargo net. When I didn't get one, thought maybe the term referred to the cargo straps I got, or that just the specs were wrong.

Actually I was gonna ask about it, but then forgot, and then this letter came in the mail. :)

9. Eug

Eug Swollen Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Technology
    Got mine today. It wasn't what I expected. For some reason I thought it'd sit horizontally on the floor, attached to the four rings. Instead, it sits vertically, hooked into the two rings at the back and new hooks higher up.

Anyone know where I can get a cheap cargo net that would fit the Prius (flat on the floor)? The vertical net is useful in some situations, but my main problem is stuff sliding around on the floor.

10. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
  11. Eug

Eug Swollen Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Technology
    Thanks, but it doesn't really work with stuff like (multiple) wine bottles. (I'm afraid that several wine bottles would be too heavy for the vertical cargo net.)