1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Canadians who imported from the US - help?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by orenf, Apr 23, 2008.

1. orenf

orenf New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    This question was just posted as a comment on my blog.

"The RIV listing says that if a 2008 Prius manufactured after Sept 1, 2007 needs to have the Electronic Immobilization System (EIS) updated to Canadian standard. I called Canadian Tire and they said they can’t perform this. Does anyone have any experience with this update?"

Since I imported my Prius on July'07, I've no idea how to assist.

Anyone?

2. beach247

beach247 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I just bought my 2008 Prius (manufactured in February 2008) and I'm taking it to Toronto when I move there this summer.

I didn't pay much attention to this "EIS" note/requirement. I hope it does not become an issue. Now you got me worried. I'd like to find out the resolution to this issue.

TOYOTA/LEXUS

3. orenf

orenf New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Here's the latest on the topic - again, a comment posted on my blog (The Mobile Net - From Useless to Useful):

I suggest you call the RIV to get the latest information. That rule was put into place, and a number of cars were prevented from being registered in Canada. After public outcry, the government granted "amnesty" and is waiving the rules temporarily. I have not heard if that has changed/expired, but it might have in the last few months (I'm a little out of date myself). Here is the article from the Globe about the amnesty: reportonbusiness.com: News and Comment It is not possible to update the ECU on a Prius to change the immobilizer to Canadian standards. If you call to get the latest information, either the amnesty will still be in place, or you will not be able to import the car.

4. beach247

beach247 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    OH NO!!!!! :mad:

Thanks for the update. I'm going to call the RIV on Friday. I'm currently out of town.

5. beach247

beach247 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Where's the comment? I can't find it.

Would you post the entire story from ReportOnBusiness.com? I have to sign up and buy the article.

Thanks.

6. orenf

orenf New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    the comments are on this post: Importing a Prius hybrid to Canada « The Mobile Net - From Useless to Useful at the bottom.

I don't have access to the article - the URL was posted by the person making the comment.

Try Googling the article/item...

7. beach247

beach247 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A