1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Canceling Toyota's Safety Connect Contract

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by Sid786, Jun 5, 2021.

1. Sid786

Sid786 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I have few days remaining on my Toyota's Safety connect. I have called the number to cancel and there is no prompt to cancel. Also I didn't find an option to cancel on entune app.

Can someone please let me know how to cancel this contract.

2. schja01

schja01 One of very few in Chicagoland

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    It’s kind of buried but you cancel it from within the Toyota App itself. From memory: Launch the Toyota App, scroll down to Connected Services, scroll right to Manage, select the service you want to cancel and tap on it, there is a big red Cancel bar at the bottom.

#2 schja01, Jun 5, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2021
  3. Pulse07

Pulse07 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius
    Model:
    XLE AWD-e
    I have the trial also. I dont think I even gave them my CC. I guess it will just expire on its own. If you have the Toyota app, there a "cancel trial" button. Scroll all the way to the bottom (they dont make it easy). Swipe right on "connect Service" section, and then click "manage Subscription". There is also an "add" button and I assume thats what you would click to start a real service.

4. Sid786

Sid786 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Thank you for Toyota app details.

This is the email I got and it says auto renewal

Safety Connect trial is at no extra cost and begins on the original date of purchase or lease of a new vehicle. After the trial period expires, enrollment in a paid subscription is required in order to continue accessing the respective services. Upon expiration of your subscription, your service will renew at the billing interval you have selected. Your credit card (if on file) will automatically be charged at the then current subscription rate at the start of each billing period in accordance with the terms of your Subscription Service Agreement unless you cancel your subscription prior to the billing date. You may cancel by calling 1‑800‑331‑4331.

5. schja01

schja01 One of very few in Chicagoland

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    If you are on a trial and did not purchase a real plan it won’t renew as they don’t have your payment info. If you actually purchased a real contract extension you can cancel from within the Toyota App as described above. Truth be told I’ve never actually selected the cancel button so I don’t know what happens when you do. It might actually cancel your contract or maybe I just tells you to call the non functioning phone number. Let us know.
    When I refer to the Toyota App I actually mean the Toyota App and not the Entune App.

Pulse07 likes this.
  6. Sid786

Sid786 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    You are correct, the Toyota app, which I didnt know before, allows you to manage subscription. It allows you to cancel it as well. I will wait till the last day of use and then cancel it.

7. Gokhan

Gokhan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    I thought it cost almost nothing, but I see that it's $80 a year. Perhaps, last time, there was a special promotion to extend it.

8. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I did not have Safty Connect capability on my 2017 PP Premium but had it on 2020 PP LE. Here is my write-up of canceling the Safty Connect. Since your's is 2017 PP Adv model at the end of the trial, the procedure may be bit different but should be similar

No more Entune for 2020 Prius Prime, but... | PriusChat

9. Sid786

Sid786 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    That thread has a lot of good info. Thanks.

Salamander_King likes this.
  10. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    It’s been mentioned: if it’s a trial and you’ve never signed up for it, given them your credit card info. Bottom line: you don’t have to do anything.