Cancer on steering wheel

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-Current)' started by Marine Ray, Aug 24, 2019.

1. ems2158

ems2158 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    My solution for the wear holes in the softex covered steering wheel. $15 cover from Amazon. I think it looks better than the stock wheel. I tried the heated steering wheel feature this morning. The heat is getting through the cover very well.
    The dealer wanted $975 to replace the steering wheel that was not covered under warranty due to normal wear.

Attached Files:

Raytheeagle likes this.
  2. Lennyz1

Lennyz1 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    I had same issue at about 7 o'clock. The bare area just kept getting worse over time so on my 35K service I mentioned it to the service advisor. They looked at the wheel and said no problem to warranty the repair. Went back a couple weeks later and they put on a new steering wheel.

tucatz likes this.
  3. Gokhan

Gokhan Active Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    You can try a warranty claim, but I doubt anything like this is likely to be honored. My carpet floor mat in my Corolla had a hole in it from the heel of my dress shoe in only two weeks after I bought the car, but they said it was normal wear and tear. LOL. This was also during the Toyota floor-mat fiasco.

#63 Gokhan, Feb 9, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2020