1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Cannot eject CD

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by y2kade, May 17, 2012.

1. y2kade

y2kade New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I've recently run into an issue where the load/eject CD buttons won't work and the CD's in any of the slots won't play. So far I've removed/readded the fuse (AM2?) which I think controls the stereo to "reboot" the sound system but that didn't work. I also tried holding down both the eject/load buttons simultaneously and that didn't work either. Anyone else have any ideas I should try? How hard would it be to remove the JBL CD changer and see if I can remove the CD myself?

I've got a 2005 gen II Prius package 5 (or maybe 6). Thank for everyone's help.

2. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    People have removed the CD player and extracted the CDs, but the player is a total loss at that point.

Generally what fails is a small drive gear. Rick posted a photo of his a while back, but it may have been on Google+.

Tom

1 person likes this.
  3. y2kade

y2kade New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks for the quick reply. What a bummer. I guess I'll have to search the forums to see if I can find how to "safely" remove the CD player. It wouldn't be such a big deal if I didn't have a CD I borrowed from the library in there that's coming due in ~2 weeks. It'll probably be cheaper to just reimburse the library than pay the dealer to remove the CD player and try to pull the CD out.

4. y2kade

y2kade New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Anyone have any idea how much it would cost getting a new CD changer installed? thanks. -y2kade

5. dianeinreno

dianeinreno Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    opps - delete me please.