1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Cannot find these two fuses

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by dorunron, Oct 30, 2013.

1. Braveslice

Braveslice Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I did not find the relay, but mean time I fix it =) But I’m not sure how I did it, suspects:

1) Bad connection from through tailgate connector. I lubricated the connector.
    2) Measuring voltage over fuse triggered relay to work again.
    3) Early this week I changed fuse, but was lazy enough not to remove metal plate protecting fuse area, so it might be that fuse was not 100% in.

Things I learned:

a) There is sharp sound from relay, from left side of dash board when it triggers. You can hear this even over motor sound, but I was not able to tell by touching what it was or even was it near.
    b) To access wires going through tailgate only plastic piece directly next to black rubbers can be removed.
    c) Taking protecting metal over fuse area is very easy to take a way (60 sec) and should be done just to make further steps easier.
    d) Even dealer didn’t know where the rear window defroster relay is and what it is exactly. But they also said that it's unlikely that relay is broken.

#21 Braveslice, Oct 26, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
  2. Braveslice

Braveslice Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Double post

3. edthefox5

edthefox5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Braveslice this is an old thread about a G3 car posted in a G2 forum so disregard it all. And no that fuse block does in a g2 like you own. The thread was about a g3

Please make a new fresh thread don’t tag on soneone else’s old post you will get a lot more answers.

The DEF fuse and the DEF relay is in the drivers compartment drivers side kick panel fuse block. Next to your left knee
    The DEF fuse is the only 40 amp fuse in that fuse block. If your blowing that fuse or relay making loud noise you have a dead short downstream of that relay most likely in the area your messing in.
    Repeatedly dead shorting a 40 amp circuit is very bad you can damage the main harness and that’s a lot of $$$$$$.

#22 edthefox5, Oct 27, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2018
  4. Henry Mora

Henry Mora Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    It took me several weeks until I finally had Signature Toyota solve my issue for ~$200. Getting the fusible link from under the dash panels did not show up anywhere else but in your post……even though it’s been there for about a decade.

Attached Files:

#23 Henry Mora, Jun 11, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2022