1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Cannot lock front doors with fob

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Iwaboy, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Iwaboy

Iwaboy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I apologize if this is in the wrong forum category. I have a 2014 Prius II. When I press the lock button on the fob, the back doors lock, but not the front. Also, there is no beep signifying the alarm is on. When I press the unlock button on the fob, I can hear the double beep and I can hear the back doors unlocking.

I have changed the battery; both fobs have the same effect. One fob is kept in my home at all times and this happens everywhere I go, it's not because one fob is still in the vehicle.

I am thinking it could be a fuse? This happened out of the blue, so who knows?

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    sounds more like a wiring issue to me. have you owned it since new? any chance of rodents? i think you're going to have to start doing some electrical testing and tracing

3. ilovegirls

ilovegirls Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Do the locks auto-lock when you start to drive? It could be the door actuators.

Iwaboy likes this.