1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Cannot play songs from my Iphone 2G

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by gaurav47, Jun 11, 2010.

1. gaurav47

gaurav47 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I'm unable to stream music via bluetooth from my iphone 2G, although I'm able to connect iphone 2G as a phone via bluetooth. Does anyone else have experienced the same and if so, is there any way I can stream music over bluetooth from my iphone 2G.

-G

2. davidtx

davidtx New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    From [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluetooth_profile"]Wikipedia[/ame]:

iPhone and iPod Touch: All iPhones support HFP and PBAP. Version 3.0 of the operating system added support of A2DP, limited AVRCP and PAN for iPhone 3G/3GS and iPod Touch 2nd/3rd generation only.[4] Original iPhone (iPhone 2G) bluetooth chip can provide A2DP as well, but Apple decided not to enable it. However, A2DP can be enabled in a jailbroken iPhone 2G by a special utility.[5]

1 person likes this.
  3. gaurav47

gaurav47 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I've jailbroken my iphone 2G, Can you suggest me the utility I can use to enable A2DP.

4. silentak1

silentak1 Since 2005

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    You could use the USB port or even aux port if bluetooth doesn't work. I have an ipod 2nd gen and have tried all 3. The USB is pretty cool because you can see the song names,etc on the OEM display. The bluetooth doesn't show that, but of course no wires and you can scroll for songs through your ipod instead of going thru the limited OEM display.

Surprisingly, bluetooth sound quality is pretty darn good at normal audio levels.

5. gaurav47

gaurav47 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Yes, USB and Auxilary option is always there. But NO WIRES is really something cool. Anyways, I've got A2DP enabled via Cydia. will be testing it in the evening.

6. silentak1

silentak1 Since 2005

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Awesome. You're right about no wires though. :D

7. gaurav47

gaurav47 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    It worked.. enabling A2DP resolved the issue with Iphone 2G and now it can play music and also function as a phone via bluetooth on the car stereo.. No WIRES.. :)

8. davidtx

davidtx New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Which utility did you end up using?

9. gaurav47

gaurav47 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    add the repository/source http://apt.dymtro.me into CYDIA. And then install A2DP Enabler and once installed turn it ON. and thats it.

Reconnect the iphone 2G to the car's stereo via bluetooth and you are all set to enjoy seamless music and phone without any WIRES.