1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Cannot see title album artist with DICE

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by y2kroxy, Oct 20, 2006.

1. y2kroxy

y2kroxy New Member

I installed a Toyota CD changer and could not see the title /albun/ artist display on the MFD. I returned it for this reason. I bought an iPod and the new DICE unit and am having the same problem now with the DICE.

Apparently, this is not a new problem and if you follow the link it offers a solution for which I will try to pursue.

http://priuschat.com/index.php?showtopic=18646&hl=mfd

2. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Could you post a picture? I just want to see what screen you're looking at.

3. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Is it possible that you have one for the 2004-2005 and not for the 2006? As I understand it, the title screen was the holdback for getting a 2006 version out sooner. Another possibility is that the switches on the DICE is set to Simple Mode which, according to Danny, has no text through factory radio.

4. y2kroxy

y2kroxy New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(aaf709 @ Oct 26 2006, 09:16 AM) [snapback]338555[/snapback]</div>
    =========================================
    My problem was solved. I pulled the radio fuse and after i reinstalled the fuse the DICE information was recognized. I think the radio has to be initialized by removing/applying power to it.

Rudy O.

5. Alnilam

Alnilam The One in the Middle

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(y2kroxy @ Oct 27 2006, 12:19 PM) [snapback]339539[/snapback]</div>
    Where is this fuse? What gets destroyed when you pull it? Presets?

6. Proteus

Proteus Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I'm having all kinds of problems. When I first installed the unit I had title information, but got strange combinations of text info. Sometimes everything was right. At other times, when I changed tracks, I would have the right song info but the CD name was wrong. Still other times I would see two titles, separated by a asterisk.

Now I've progressed to where I have no title info at all. I tried cycling power, and removing the radio fuse several times. No luck. I think my switches are right; the IPOD switches are up, and I can see the initialization on the IPOD.

I've also tried to remove and re-seat all the connectors. Again, no luck.

I have a 2006 Prius, with NAV, and ordered the 2006 Dice. Hopefully I got one of the new ones with the right software.

Anybody got any ideas?

7. Alnilam

Alnilam The One in the Middle

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Proteus @ Oct 28 2006, 08:48 PM) [snapback]340178[/snapback]</div>
    I installed mine today and it seems to work OK. The display was a little mixed up until I disconnected the positive pole of the battery for a couple of minutes to let it reset.