1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Cannot stop door locking hazard lights.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by John R. Lambert, Aug 23, 2015.

1. John R. Lambert

John R. Lambert New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Neighbor called to ask if I meant to have my hazard lights blinking.
    Went outside with key fob and pressed the unlock function. But it would not work. Had to use the slide-out emergency key to open the door.
    Car started fine but on turning the car off I noticed the small pinpoint red light next to the remote lock function was blinking and that it was automatically locking and relocking the doors setting off the hazard lights as it did so.
    Again, the unlock function would not work and I used the emergency slide-out key to get back in. Opened and closed all the doors but the blinking red light on the fob plus out-of-control flashing of lights (and clicking of locks) continued.
    I've wrapped the fob in aluminum foil to stop the remote signals from continuing to cause flashing lights.
    Anyone have any idea what the underlying problem is and how to solve it?

2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Apparently a key fob button is stuck.

How to solve: either buy a new fob, or operate on the existing fob to see if you can unstick the sticking switch.