1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Can't control windows fom driver's buttons (2011 Prius Two, not II)

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by kevelev, Mar 31, 2017.

1. kevelev

kevelev Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I just bought this 2011 Prius 2. These buttons worked when I got the car, but about 2 days after I took it home, I noticed that I can't control the passenger and rear windows with the driver buttons. Also, each window is supposed to be able to automatically go down (maybe up too, I don't know), but none of the windows have the auto-down function working, including the driver. The windows work when other buttons are pressed, but not the driver buttons, but they still don't have the auto feature. I tried toggling the window lock button, as well as going up and down 3 times. I tried some other combinations as well. I think it may be a fuse issue, but in the manual there are 3 fuses I believe that control power windows, so which ones should I look at? I don't want to damage anything while pulling fuses either. Thanks!

2. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    To reteach the auto-up function, you run the window up by holding the switch, then hold the switch a second or two longer. More detail here:

Reset Window Motor on Prius | Auto Glass Jim

Regarding the inability to control other windows with driver's control, maybe a problem with the lock switch? But I think you're saying you've toggled that??

upload_2017-3-31_9-11-38.png

Raytheeagle likes this.
  3. kevelev

kevelev Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I've tried a bunch of things, including this. I will look into the fuses. Thanks for trying!

4. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    It's not the fuses, I had this problem when my car was New. There's a section in the manual that explains this.

What you have to do is go to each individual window and roll them down. Then hold the button going up for 10 seconds. Do this for all the Windows.

After all that, then the driver's window controls will work.

icyrius, Raytheeagle and Mendel Leisk like this.