1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Can't decide on package! Help

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by lovebliss, Jan 8, 2007.

1. lovebliss

lovebliss New Member

Hi everyone...
    I am currently in the market for a new prius. I wanted to wait until I could get the "Fully Loaded" but my car broke down and it is decision time. Anyways I just found out that you can't get package #3 or #4 in SO California...Can you believe this!!! I could be very happy with one of these packages and live w/out the Navigation DVD. Package #2 does not give me much options like bluetooth or some other stuff.

I think the difference in price is a little too much $1175 for #2 and $5080 for #5 that is a $4K difference for a nav systems and bluetooth???

I would really like to have everything directly from the factory or maybe upgrade some of the stuff in the future but I am not sure if that is possible.

I have been looking at the "What you paid forums" but they are all from early last year and from the look of things I hope I can get my new Prius below Invoice! Can I get some feed back on what packages everyone has and if #5 is worth the price? Help me please I don't want to pay more that $25K OTD...

I am in San Diego but I am willing to travel to other Southern Cali locations.

2. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    You could probably find either package 3 or 4 in the Northern California region; that region receives a different package mix than Southern California. You may also want to check the package availability in Las Vegas.

3. mayathystle

mayathystle New Member

prices are really coming down on these cars. i just bought my package five for 25,652 plus taxes. you can really get them to go lower than msrp right now, it just takes a little persuasion.

4. PA

PA Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IsrAmeriPrius @ Jan 9 2007, 12:11 AM) [snapback]372909[/snapback]</div>
    I definitely echo IsrAmeriPrius, if dealers in your region don't offer the package you want, find a dealer in a region that does. Go to www.buyatoyota.com and try different zip codes to pull up different dealers in a different region. You can even check their inventory (current and future). I don't know why some Toyota regions only offer a handful of packages when other regions offer them all. Good luck!

5. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    www.carbuyingtips.com offers a ton of useful advice. Go a little further out and buy what you want. You shouldn't need the local dealer for warranty work and the few perks they offer really don't cost them very much. Good luck.

6. fphinney

fphinney Member

7. PA

PA Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(fphinney @ Jan 17 2007, 1:36 AM) [snapback]376671[/snapback]</div>
    All that on a Pkg. 7? Wow, that is loaded! :)

8. lovebliss

lovebliss New Member

I could really use the washer-dryer! LOL! All toyota needs to add is an inflatable mattress to make it feel like home!

I decided I am going to go with package #5. It took a lot of work to convince my husband of all the goodies but he finally broke down and agreed that if that is what I wanted then ok. (as long as i did not ask for another car 2yrs from now!) We are probably going sometime in the next two weeks. I am counting down the days to drive my new car!!!!!

9. desynch

desynch Die-Hard Conservative

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I didn't need anything fancy so I got package #1.. it has all I need.

~22k.

10. moxiequz

moxiequz Weirdo Social Outcast

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I tried to get a package #1 but was told that there were none to be had in No. Cal. One scuzzy dealer claimed he had a package #1 and quoted me a price. When I got to the dealership though I found out it was the base mode (package #0). I'm happy with the package #2 I got. The bells and whistles are great if you appreciate and can make good use of them but to me they're just so much more "clutter" in the car.