1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

can't find auto on headlight panel on Gen III

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by cdrxlbr, Jul 29, 2009.

1. Ct. Ken V

Ct. Ken V Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    3 responses:

dipper:
    Toyota doesn't let us disable the traction control on the Prius because it's there for full-time protection of Power Split Device (transmission---specifically against overspeeding the electric motors if the wheels were to break traction & start spinning).

Bruno S:
    I drive many different cars weekly at an auto auction & the instruments are now all lighted all the time on most of the cars. On the '04/'05 Prius there is a little sunburst symbol (to the right of the speedometer in the warning light strip) that comes on when I turn on my headlights (not the parking lights---just the headlights) to tell me they are on. I'm not sure if they carried on that "headlight on" symbol in the '06 thru '09 model because I hear they dropped the extra symbol for the freezing road conditions in that same warning light strip.

cdrxlbr:
    It is my understanding that there is only one owner's manual written for all of North America (hence the disclaimer: "if so equipped"), but the cars are spec'd out differently [as far as certain (mandatory) features & option package groupings] between the 2 different countries.

Ken (in Bolton,Ct)

2. lamontcranston

lamontcranston Umbra Tenet

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I'm surprised to read this. I do like auto-headlights on my Corolla and will miss them. It's not a huge dealbreaker, just a surprise.

3. Jon S

Jon S Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    The Mexican market Prius has the faster steering ratio on all their cars...
    The Canadian Prius has Auto headlights and integrated backup camera w/o the NAV system on the Premium car and up (but they pay $34,000USD ...ouch!!)
    The European Prius has HUDs and foglights...
    I am beginning to feel a bit neglected here...

4. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Other countries will say we get to enjoy 17" wheels and Lane Keep Assist on our Advanced Technology package-equipped Prius while they're stuck with 15" wheels and no LKA. Grass is greener on the other side....

5. LaMesaGuy

LaMesaGuy Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    The 2010 Prius does not have AUTO ON for the headlights. My 2005 Corolla had AUTO ON , however, my 2007 Prius w/package 2 did not have AUTO ON, nor my 2010 Prius V w/AT package did not have AUTO ON. The 2007 Prius and the 2010 Prius V does have AUTO OFF. I normal drive with the headlights ON all the time. After leaving the car, it does go off after a couple of seconds.