1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Can't find my keys, how do I deactivate the other

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by terramir, Dec 15, 2015.

1. terramir

terramir Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hi I cannot find my keys. I have my spare fob but how do I temporarily deactivate all other fobs at least till I find my keys just in case someone nefarious found my keys.
    terramir

2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    You cannot temporarily deactivate a fob. Assuming you can't find the lost fob, you can ask your dealer to remove that fob's registration when you have a new fob registered.

sfv41901 likes this.
  3. WilDavis

WilDavis Senior Member

Top RH Corner of RH Coast on L side of The Pond
    Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    You can disable the SmartKey system by pushing the "cancel" switch on the dash panel just below the steering-wheel (see p.41 of the destruction manual) - Good luck! - Wil

sfv41901 likes this.
  4. terramir

terramir Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Yeah but that wouldn't help since the fob would still stay the car in the slot that's what I would have to remove I really can't secure the doors if someone has my fob it has a key. What I really need to remove is the smart keys capability to start my car doors be dampened I have the tech stream software and cable if that would help I just want the fob to not be able to start my car until I find it wonder if an fob that originally belongs to my car could be added to the immobilizer and if I could just remove that functionality from that remote.

5. tvpierce

tvpierce Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
  6. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    The pirated Techstream available via Mini VCI may not have the power to program the immobilizer ECU to recognize fobs.