1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Can't find old thread/Back up sensors installed

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by ETP, Dec 13, 2014.

1. ETP

ETP 2021 Prime(Limit),Highlander HYB Plat,B52-D,G,F,H

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    OK, lost all my posts and thread links so here is a new thread on installing Back up radar warning sensors.

Attached Files:

• bus.pdf
      File size:
      664.8 KB
      Views:
    #1 ETP, Dec 13, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2014
  2. ETP

ETP 2021 Prime(Limit),Highlander HYB Plat,B52-D,G,F,H

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    PDF actually posted/wow

So after a week of driving I recommend the wired version for 100% reliability.
    The wireless version is the same frequency as my garage door opener and evidently a few other devices as I get 2 beeps on the way home. Still not bad but if you lived in a busy city it may go off more often.
    The price has went up as I paid $21. I think $19 for the wired one is about right as they all have the same parts.

My Amazon review.
    Most Helpful Customer Reviews
    worked once I got the replacement/recommend the wired version
    By e on November 26, 2014
    Verified Purchase
    Looking into a replacement receiver to see if that is the problem.
    OK, no pics because of site problems but the install was successful. Polarity on both the sender and receiver are critical. The tail light BU wire is too short on the car to do a proper splice/connection on a Prius on the left side. I will try the right side on my other Prius. The vender sent me a BU kit plus I ordered an extra since the first one failed. Warning is around 6 feet to zero.

90 day burn in next and the 5 stars if it lasts.

Update: The wireless receiver picks up an occasional stray wireless signal while driving. Also the same frequency as my garage door opener so I have to put the car in neutral to close and open the garage door. No big deal but would recommend the wired version for most applications.
    Comment See the customer review Write a customer review

#2 ETP, Dec 13, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2014