1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Can't Find this Damn HV Battery Part

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Frontporch, Aug 12, 2022.

1. Frontporch

Frontporch Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I am putting back together my traction battery after doing a cell replacement and cannot find the thin metal plate that covers the high voltage cables in the picture below anywhere. I have torn my garage apart. Does anyone know if it is required... its function or ever a part number? Thanks.

upload_2022-8-12_16-25-47.png

2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Frontporch likes this.
  3. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Hold on I'll go out and look I should have it right here yeah I would say you probably don't want to do away with that The nuts clamp down on that and hold the two wires straight and all that business right. I'm walking under the building right now to see if I see it

Frontporch likes this.
  4. Frontporch

Frontporch Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I just got off the phone with my local dealer. We were able to track down the part number to 82675C and its about $7 arriving next week some time. So I have options. The local junk yard where i found some cells also had a HV battery torn apart, so the part may be there. I can't believe my part walked off... it looks a little more sophisitcated than something I can duplicate with a beer can.. The hole in the center makes me think it might be setup to self destruct in certain circumstances... not sure.

DAMN... That's too large a part to go missing, but its so fragile and light that it could probably be carried away by a breeze and woudn't make much noise if it hit the ground.

5. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Pull out the back seat cushion... They usually end up under there when they disappear.

6. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Not worth worrying about, I guess, but MSRP is $2.67 according to the link I supplied....

7. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    inflation...

8. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Some time in the last year, my local dealer parts counter has started handing me printouts where the discounted price column shows what I already know (from looking it up beforehand) is the list price, and the list price column shows the list price roughly doubled, and then telling me what a great deal I'm getting with the price in the discounted column.

Are they all doing that now?

I've been meaning to scan those and write some letters, but haven't gotten to it yet.

9. Frontporch

Frontporch Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I found a "local" dealer in Tom's River NJ. Its about 30 minutes. The part there is about $2 because they offer a discount on MSRP and they also allow you to pick up the parts. It's crazy the differences in prices between dealers. There are few that I have found that offer an "internet" price and local pickup.

10. Prius92

Prius92 Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Know what's even more screwed up? The Toyota OEM oil filters for my car are more expensive at WALMART than most dealerships.

You'd think stuff at Walmart would be cheaper than the dealer, but not in this case.

11. Frontporch

Frontporch Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Gpounf iy
    g 449AF802-7828-4D72-817A-E9F331AB35E5.jpeg 556218ED-0634-453A-BDCD-6472CBA22D34.jpeg
    Good call.

It was under that rusty bracket where the magnetic tool is pointed

does the first picture have this part at its correct orientiation?

Thanks again for all the help!!

#11 Frontporch, Aug 12, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2022
  12. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Lol... Configuration is good enough... Glad I could help... It's almost black hole like under that back seat cushion. So many times stupid stuff vanishes under there. And why is it rusty inside the car like that? I don't know but most Prius' have that... There's threads on here about all the roof leaks and other leaks.