1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Can't get inside of windshield clean...any ideas?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by ripaten, Sep 17, 2008.

1. ekpolk

ekpolk What could possibly...

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Two Eco

Invisible glass is far better than Windex if there's something stubborn on there, but otherwise PN here has hit the nail on head: DISTILLED WATER is THE "magic" glass cleaner. Wipe down with distilled water, then buff out with clean microfibre towel. Glass will fade to near invisibility.

Also don't forget that newer cars interiors are still gassing out and a bunch of the "stuff" the plastics are giving off will condense upon and coat the interior glass with gray hazy stuff. The newer the car, the faster this happens.

2. dbcassidy

dbcassidy Toyota Hybrid Nation, 8 Million Strong

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Ripaten,

The 2008 Prius is also still "outgassing" on the vinyl dashboard. The can contribute to the horrible condition on the windshield.

I use 303 Protectorant on the dash, it seems to cut down on the "haze" that appears on the windshield @ night.

Worth giving it a shot. Also I use Invisible Glass cleaner - really cleans well.

Hopes this helps,

Dbcassidy

3. donalmilligan089

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I found that overspray fro A vinyl restorer really is hard to clen off

4. fgoodyear

fgoodyear New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I'm sur glad someone else is having this problem!! I thought it was just me! Thanks for all the suggestions. I'll have to see how they work.

Frank....;)

5. Sheepdog

Sheepdog C'Mere Sheepie!

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    invisable glass and a micro fiber towel. I also think clay bar is needed on the outside once in a while.

6. s1flaherty

s1flaherty Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    XLE AWD-e
    I just ordered a"Windhsield Wonder." It arrived yesterday and works great. Streaks gone. Thanks!

7. Priusshock

Priusshock New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    The worst thing that could happen is a leak from your radiator to the heater box. Clean Streak uses accetone. But the other one suggested should work fine. THen check often to see how fast the problem comes back.

8. rigormortis

rigormortis Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    invisibleglass.com has samples

You’ll get 5 packs of Invisible Glass Wipes (2 wipes per pack), PLUS $15 in savings coupons.

but they want $4.50 to cover shipping

they also got a reach and clean tool for 14.95 plus 4.95 shipping. if you click on the win link on invisibleglass.com
    you can get a $5 coupon code

9. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Ammonia spray and clean old cotton rags.

10. rigormortis

rigormortis Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    window cleaner and ordinary gas station blue paper towels seemed to do a better job absorbing liquid then high priced 'food service' paper towels!

food service paper towels go for like $40-70 for a case of 150, haha

11. oldseagull

oldseagull April Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Invisible Glass is the best window cleaner I have ever used, and for reaching the far-flung corners of the Prius windshield, you should try Glassmaster Pro System, a paddle like affair available at AutoSportCatalog.com - Products For Everyone Who Drives! 800-953-0814. The cost is $19.95 but for all the extras included and the quick work it makes of cleaning both front ,rear, and side glass, it is worth it! Here's a picture from the catalog - BTW, it comes with two snap-on/snap-off paddles and several cleaning covers.

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  12. Walker1

Walker1 Empire

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I bought Invisible Glass @ Sam's club. Windex didn't dowellfor meeither, but after cleaning the inside glass with "Invisible" 3X the 1st time it looks very clear. Walmart & Pep Boys sell it also.

13. southridge

southridge New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I had a lot of trouble trying to clean the inside of the windshield on my '04 until I tried spraying windshield washer fluid that has a few percent alcohol in it. That seems to get the streaky film off pretty well for me.

14. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Don't use a terry towel even if it's micro fiber.

Get a glass cleaning cloth from an auto parts store.

15. ADK46R

ADK46R New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    I've used this for years.....get a quart of warm water in a clean bucket, add a couple tablespoons of cornstarch from the kitchen cupboard, swish it around until it's mixed up good. Take a dishrag & soak it good...wring it out & wash the windshield with it. You may use newsprint or paper towels to dry it. You will have a sparkling clean windshield in no time.

16. Grwiseman

Grwiseman New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Wow did that work well. I turned right around and cleaned my house windows. Thanks for the tip!