1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Can't send contacts from Cingular RAZR to 2006 Prius.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by JenL, Sep 18, 2007.

1. JenL

JenL New Member

So I've had my Prius (#6) for a year now, and decided that it was about time I fully took advantage of the features I paid (am paying) for. So I FINALLY loaded my gate opener into the rearview mirror and went to upload the contacts from my phone to my car. To my dismay I quickly learned that I'd have to load them up one at a time. So fine, I don't call that many people anyway. I load one contact in. It totally works, I even got the voice dialing to work. Awesome.

Feeling pretty proud of myself for doing it without even looking at the manual; I move on to my second contact.

This is when the lame starts.

So I want to add my mom to my car. She's a nice lady. I like talking to her. I repeat the same process I preformed with contact one, but instead of having another nice, neat little entry, I end up with eight, all with the same wrong name, all with two different numbers, none of which I know. Thinking that this is one random occurrence, I delete the multiple incorrect entries, exit out of the phone book to the main screen, and enter it again. The entries are still there, so I hit Delete All.

I turn the car off and on, and start again. Again I can get one contact in correctly, and upon attempting to load the second, my phonebook turns into the same puddle of suck.

I have been connecting and using the phone through the car without a problem since I got the car, so I'm pretty sure it's not the phone.

Has anyone else had this problem? Any fixes?

PS I'm new. (Hooray.)

2. ceric

ceric New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    JenL:

As an engineer, I would suggest that you borrow someone else's cell phone with BT to try. The point is to
    identify the source of problem, Prius or cell phone. I have RAZR V3xx. I have had zero problem with BT
    . Everything went smoothly as I recall.

3. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    99:1 this is a phone problem and not a Prius problem. Different phones have different functionality and work well or not so well w/ the Prius BT.

4. JenL

JenL New Member

Ok I'll try that. Actually, my parents sent their Camry into the shop and the dealership gave them a 2006 Prius (#7) as a rental. So today I'm going to try and load my contacts into that. If it doesn't work, I know it's the phone. I'll post to let you know what happened.

Thanks for your replies!