1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Can't wait to drive our Prius v again.

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by schmuly, Nov 25, 2012.

1. schmuly

schmuly Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    We took a trip down to southern Nevada to our new winter home but had to pull a trailer with some tools and furniture. It was a 5x8 enclosed cargo trailer (2900lbs) and pulled by our Sienna AWD van.
    On the way down we had head wind and only got around 11 to 13 mpg. OUCH!!! We bought our Prius v so we could drive to and from here with our two goldens in the back. Well it's been a month and we are heading back, after reading other posts I know the Prius will start after sitting for so long. Next time we come down we will take the Prius and not spend all our time at the gas station.LOL.
    We saw lots of regular Prii on the highway on the trip down and they all passed us like we were standing still. I drove the van like I would drive our v and avoided the interstates if possible.
    The trip back will be easier as the trailer will be lighter but not empty.
    See ya all soon
    Schmuly

2. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I start going through withdrawals after a few days of not driving my Liftback. :(

DianneWhitmire likes this.
  3. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Thanksgiving was easier for me as I rode in my sister's V3, identical to mine except colors and tires.

4. F8L

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    That definitely helps. Thankfully I didn't have to go without. We drove my car 5+hours to Arcata and 5+hours back. After washing all the winter grime off it I am ready for the drive to Chico to drop her son off at the college which is a 3hr round trip. :)

5. schmuly

schmuly Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Made it back last night about 8pm. (1230miles one way)
    Went out to the garage, touched the handle, it unlocked.
    Got in it started groaning and wirring, put my foot on the brake and pushed the start button and everything lit up.
    About 30 sec latter ICE started...no problem!!! It sat for 32 days and fired up like it was over night!
    When it gets light out today I will take it for a nice ride, It should feel like a brand new car over again

6. DianneWhitmire

DianneWhitmire High PRIUStess

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Justin, you know from my Facebook pictures that I took off on vacation a week for Thanksgiving ... and borrowed my bro's Jag XK-R for a week. I didn't do that much motoring, just visited a few old haunts in San Jose and Los Gatos (I went to Willow Glen HS,, graduated many moons ago!) and then up to Grass Valley-Nevada City areas for some rest and repose... and then brought the car back to LG the night before Thanksgiving. I bought more gas (and premium!!) on that 5-day trip than I buy in my PHEV in a month!!!
    #GladToBeHome

:)

7. F8L

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I know and I was sad I was not In town to talk you into going to lunch with me. :(

8. DianneWhitmire

DianneWhitmire High PRIUStess

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Next time? That would be great!!