1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Capital Punishment?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by dbermanmd, Mar 7, 2007.

1. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Mar 13 2007, 02:30 AM) [snapback]404735[/snapback]</div>
    Confessions are very poor evidence. People can be tortured into confessing to pretty much anything. But even where torture is not employed, people can be intimidated into confessing: Cops (or perhaps it's the prosecutor) will threaten to charge someone with a more serious offense if he does not confess to a lesser one. I knew a guy in prison who pleaded guilty to a crime he didn't commit because they told him if he didn't, they'd charge his wife. He knew enough to know that being innocent would not keep her out of prison.

Eyewitness testimony is also extremely unreliable. The literature is full of studies showing how twisted memories can be, especially when strong emotions come into play.

A famous stunt was where a professor arranged for a man to run into his classroom holding a banana, shot "bang" and run out as the professor fell to the floor. The whole thing happens very fast. Typically, many of the students in the classroom will report later that the "assailant" was holding a gun.

2. JamieS

JamieS New Member

It's very true that witnesses can be unreliable. When there's a traumatic event, especially, witnesses probably tend to remember some details vividly and others may be fabricated [intentionally or not] to fill in gaps.

3. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Mar 14 2007, 02:49 PM) [snapback]405543[/snapback]</div>
    you would let couey go? just like they did before and he killed this poor little girl in a most cruel way. is dna evidence good enough for you or would you think Bush could make that up too? or would you put him in jail for life at $150 a day so one day long from now he could try to get out again or become a cause celeb when libs call for gay capital offenders to be allowed to marry and live life out on some reservation?

me - string the sob up - take his organs - pull the plug - and find the sob's who let him out in the first place and let them know their actions caused the horrible death of a nine year old girl.

4. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Mar 14 2007, 02:39 PM) [snapback]405652[/snapback]</div>
    Are you sure your surname is not spelled with a double N in the end?

5. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Mar 14 2007, 02:39 PM) [snapback]405652[/snapback]</div>
    I was merely responding to assertions about confessions and eye-witness testimony. As for this particular case, if the evidence against him is as good as people are saying, then I'd lock him up for life along with other cold-blooded murderers like G.W.B.

6. fshagan

fshagan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IsrAmeriPrius @ Mar 13 2007, 08:13 PM) [snapback]405168[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks for the links! Those are excellent!

7. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IsrAmeriPrius @ Mar 14 2007, 06:02 PM) [snapback]405666[/snapback]</div>
    i know my family fought for their lives and even served in the US Armed Forces (my father, retired Capt. US Army, served in the Reserves too, qualified sniper; my great uncle who was already in the states served with the 101st in WWII and had a large collection of nazi belt buckles that were not given to him voluntarily - perhaps he freed some of your family members from a camp?).

btw - are you proud of your insinuation about my surname? that, imho, crosses a line. i would never have said that to another Jewish person for sure - you are a pos in my opinion for that. disgusting. sickening. just because you disagree with me on an issue you resort to something that low. good. teach your children well - i wonder if your parents taught you and you either did not listen or chose to ignore. and you cite Jewish Law -

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IsrAmeriPrius @ Mar 14 2007, 06:02 PM) [snapback]405666[/snapback]</div>
    here's another question from dr bermann for you oh wise one...

now that shiekh kalid mohammed admitted to beheading Daniel Pearl - what would you do? no other eyewtiness here Soloman.

me - string him up - harvest his organs - pull the plug slowly on PPV. you?

8. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Mar 15 2007, 04:36 AM) [snapback]405977[/snapback]</div>
    What crosses the line is the following:

Dr. Mengele would have been proud of you.

9. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IsrAmeriPrius @ Mar 15 2007, 03:46 PM) [snapback]406238[/snapback]</div>
    he would have because i would have thrown your butt in first. typcial passive aggressive MOTT. and now we all can see why 6,000,000 walked in like sheep - those that are left, except for a few of us, are better prepared for future problems.

crossing the line - your line is always moving - false constructs.