1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

car accident 2012 prius

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by felix mizioznikov, Jan 20, 2013.

1. felix mizioznikov

felix mizioznikov Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    got into an accident yesterday (other drivers fault for failing to maintain their lane). they tried to pass me and scraped me instead. seems like you cant enjoy ownership of a new vehicle in south florida. for once I would just like to have a new vehicle without incident for a few years.

Jin, OceanEyes and Blu-ray like this.
  2. retired4999

retired4999 Prius driver since 2005

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
  3. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Sorry to hear about that.

4. sfv41901

sfv41901 Masta S

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Sorry to hear. Hope the damage isn't too bad.

5. ny_rob

ny_rob Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    What a shame...
    I mentioned in another thread that the Prius must create a vacuum or have some sort of magnetic field around it because I've never owned a vehicle that people get so close to (actually entering by drifting into my lane) while passing :cautious:. I've had several close calls regarding sideswiping already too...

6. nedear88

nedear88 My 1st Prius.

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Sorry to hear that! also happen to me too on the 18th, I was driving on the local freeway 101 south bound, it just happen so fast that no time to react to stay out the bouncing object. It looks like a empty electrical wire roll felt off from a truck or from overpass because that thing bounce pretty high, it landed on my hood twice and hit the driver side windshield wiper arm, it saved the windshield. It is really nasty dents on it I have report to my insurance will take it to body shop for repair or replace the front hood. Now...it's an eye sore things to look at.

7. Bob Hahn

Bob Hahn Wingman08

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Sorry to hear about all the accidents! No one got hurt, which of course is the blessing, never the less, it must be very hard seeing your Prius banged up! Im so sorry you have to go through this very difficult expierence.

8. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Sorry to hear about that. I see soo many unsafe lane changes around here also. Idiots with cell phone planted to ear even though there is a hands free law here in CA. I need to improve on couple things like not chatting it up with passengers at certain times while driving, but the wreckless drivers are out there ...

and funny how so often they are in some piece of junk, old car :rolleyes:

9. Me Here

Me Here Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Ugh. How many miles are on it? We should all just drive pos cars and crash into each other. I've owned 5 cars, 4 required some type of repair due to idiot drivers.

10. ny_rob

ny_rob Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Many around here who regularly take mass transit (especially the Long Island Rail Road) have beaters known as 'Station Cars' because of the damage received on a daily basis in these huge over-crowded parking lots. It's a shame that things have gotten so bad- but that's the world we live in.

11. felix mizioznikov

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    about 7000 miles on it. I have the other drivers insurance adjuster on the way now to do the estimate and I know of a good reputable body shop near my home that will do the repair. hope the rental wont guzzle to much gas.

12. The Dude

The Dude Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Sucks...I was involved in a similar accident. The other driver started coming into my lane and I honked and moved over to the shoulder as much as I could, but bang! We collided...and unfortunately I didn't call the police at the time since I thought it was obviously his fault. The next day, I get a call from his adjuster and she says they will only pay 20% of the damages since it was my fault! The nerve! So I called my company and they got them up to 80%...unbelievable, and now it's headed for arbitration. So, the moral of this story is: call the police! I hope the other driver doesn't pull a 180 on you, so much for having a bit of trust in people...but at least I'm not the shady one.

Jin and goddess prii like this.
  13. JMD

JMD 2012 Prius 4 Solar Roof

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Your safe that is what counts.

14. OceanEyes

OceanEyes Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Cars can be fixed, although it is a hassle. Glad you were not hurt.

15. OceanEyes

OceanEyes Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Had a Datsun beater that was my station car when I commuted into Manhattan.... Those were the days!

16. felix mizioznikov

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    finally got a copy of the police report today as the other driver's insurance company required either the report or a statement but according toe the insurance company, since the driver did not speak fluent enough English for a proper statement, they requested the crash report...which clearly indicated that the other driver caused the accident and was issued a citation. hopefully I can take my car in tomorrow for the repairs to begin. cant wait to be whole again and drive the prius with a grin.

OceanEyes likes this.
  17. Jin

Jin Blizzard PRIUS 2010, Nav+ solar roof

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    :( Same here, I got side swiped by another car in left lane, wasn't my fault but now my car got in accident, and it is no longer new. Although it was only paint damage and side view mirror, but I believe I have fail in protecting my car. I understand how you feel.

18. JMD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Geez in the Mid 80's I remember LIRR from Bellmore/Merrick station to Manhattan Penn Station. Monthly unlimited ticket was $75.00 than, I just googeled it $254.00 now. That was an experience. Before the internet the only entertainment was playing cards, bar car, reading the paper, paper back book, talking to your train buddies, and making small talk.

OceanEyes likes this.
  19. OceanEyes

OceanEyes Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    MetroNorth Merritt 7 in CT to Grand Central 87-89... $230 a month (my memory might be failing me now) for reading on the way down, sleeping on the way back and having an office penthouse view of the Chrysler Building - my personal favorite... And Zaro's under the staircase at GCT...the most awesome coffee and bakery ever. I love trains....

JMD likes this.
  20. JMD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    That brings back memories. I worked on 5th Avenue a little south of Rockefeller Center. I used to walk to Penn Station which was a good daily walk. Manhattan was fun but you needed to be young to tackle that every day. The city was crazy back than. 3 card Monties on every corner lifting $ from naive tourists, dirty water hot dog carts, those awsome pretzels and the Potato Kanish with spicy deli mustard, best Pizza ever walk up and get a slice, crime everywhere. Macys worlds largest deptartment store on the way to Penn Station just made my pay check a little lighter every week. On the weekends visited the museums by day and clubs at night. Max's Kansas City, the Bottom line and other places long forgotten. I did it for awhile in my early to mid twenties and even sublet a freinds apartment in Manhattan one summer.

OceanEyes likes this.