1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Car codes and numbers....

Discussion in 'PriusChat Website Questions' started by efusco, Aug 10, 2004.

1. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Over on the 2G Yahoo Group there's been some discussion on how to deal with the changing of the numeric coding with the '05 Prius packages.

For those who don't know what I mean:
    For the '04 Model Year Prius the BC (highest) package was also package #9
    for '05 that exact same package--BC--is now #6 due to a decrease in the number/types of options packages being made available.

Although using only the alpha code would be the single most accurate way to describe one's vehicle, it's also the most confusing b/c BC doesn't mean much, no one can remember what's in the AM vs the BI package. That said, most of us can't remember exactly what's in an '04 #3 vs an '04 #5 either...but we know, intuitively, that there's more "stuff" in the #5 than the #3...but that won't, necessarily, be so across the model years. (i.e. an '05 #6 will have more "stuff" than an '04 #8)

The option proposed there that seems best to me, so far, is an, appropriately enough, hybrid version of all these. Each of us would describe our car by year, alpha code and numeric code for the year made!

Example:
    05GY1
    05AG2
    05BI3
    05AM4
    05AI5
    05BC6

I've changed my signature to coincide with this format. I'd like feedback if everyone things this will work here and is the best way to do it or if there are other/better options I haven't considered.

2. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Good call - I think John also suggested something similar!

3. tms13

tms13 Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Business Ed. Plus
    Is there anywhere we can find the mappings of non-US packages to product codes?

FWIW, mine's a British "T4" - also available here are "T3" and "TSpirit".

4. LeVautRien

LeVautRien Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Well, it should be fairly simple...

You could just say 04T3, 04T4, 04TSpirit

Of course, if you wanted to draw a comparison to the US cars, here's what I've figured as the equivilents:

The T3 looks pretty much like the 04 AM #7 or the 05 AM #4

The T4 doesn't really seem to have any parallel in the US numbers

And the TSpirit is an 04BC #9 or an 05 BC #6

So, I guess if you have a T3 or TSpirit, you can toss your T3 or TSpirit onto the existing system, but the T4 seems out of luck and must simply be on its own. :mrgreen: