1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Car has no response at all.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Zurab_G, Aug 12, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Zurab_G

Zurab_G New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello there.
    I'm really confused. My 2008 prius has no response at all. So how it was: started car normally and went to job. After that without problem went to market. After 5 minutes as i came back my car didn't start. Even no lights on doors, dash, no signal, nothing... i thought it was 12v fault. (it's 8 months old.) I jump started it and after 40 minutes ride stopped. As I turned off the car I couldn't start it. As previous time no lights, no signal, no reaction. Now it's dead and can't do anything. Checked 12v and it shows 12.56. Please if someone can give me some advice about this problem, It'll be very helpful. (Sorry for my English, as you already noticed it's not native.)

2. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Welcome to PriusChat!!

Do you have any OBD2 trouble codes (DTCs) that you can post here for us?

Have you also measured the voltage at the jumper points under the hood?

Have you checked the fuses?

3. edthefox5

edthefox5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Like most people with repetitive dead battery's your not arming the car every singe time you get out of it if you did you would catch the light left on or door ajar.

Like SFO says what does it measure at the front jump point. That's all that matters 12 volt wise.

Any dash lights lit? When its running do you see a car icon in red in the upper left hand corner of the mfd and like everyone else are you not driving the car much now?

4. fotomoto

fotomoto Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Check the 12v battery connections at each end. Usually it's the negative that loose.

GOOD LUCK!

5. edthefox5

edthefox5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    yep test at the front jump point will find that quick.

6. Zurab_G

Zurab_G New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thank you all for fast response. The car was dead. what that means is: no reaction, no lights, no icons, nothing. v12 connections are ok. I checked them. What happened now is kinda unreal. I left the car for about 4-5 hours. As I came I saw car ignition was open. (nobody touched the car). Then I put the keys and started without any problem. no failure dash lights were lit. I don't know what happened and have no answer to that. but it means that v12 is ok. have you any ideas what that might be?

7. edthefox5

edthefox5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Not unreal have seen that many times Dont know what car ignition open means..

Foto has probably nailed it but if you would just check the voltage at the front jump point then measure the voltage directly at the battery terminals you may learn why.

8. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    You could potentially have a bad combination meter, where your dash doesn't light up. This is intermittent and you'll probably see this again.