1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Car Horns?

Discussion in 'Prius c Accessories and Modifications' started by DallenJPearson, Apr 21, 2015.

1. DallenJPearson

DallenJPearson Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Anyone know what kind of car horns fit in a Prius C? I got one for Christmas and it was too big (imagine what happened when I told people a car horn was too big for my Prius) and the little "beep beep" doesn't work for me. Any good horns?

2. Yakoma

Yakoma Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I've installed these in both my Gen 2 Prius and my Scion tC. They're easy to mount and they're plenty loud. Can't guarantee they will fit the C, but I can't see how they wouldn't.

3. kingnba6

kingnba6 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    In my C, I currently have the Toyota Premium Horns off a Lexus. They are a used pair but are much better then the stock. Stock horn is only a single disc type horn and the Premium horns are dual tone.

This video basically shows the stock vs upgraded horns.

4. TheTimob

TheTimob Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I installed a set of PIAA 85115 Superior Bass Tone horns I got from Amazon - 112dB and deep like a Cadillac or a truck.

I bolted one of them to where the stock beep beep horn was. I bolted the other to a hole I found behind the bumper cover in the metal rad support. I made a "y" harness out of 1/4" spade terminals for the hookup to both from the single stock horn.

I did NOT have to remove the bumper cover to install them - you just have to have small hands, and take out the plastic trim from the area around the latch.

EDIT: here's a youtube video of the sound:

5. DallenJPearson

DallenJPearson Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    The little "meep meep" doesn't cut it for me. I got horns for Christmas that were too big to fit in the car. Does anyone have a link to a site that has horns that fit the 2014 Prius C

6. Christophers

Christophers Active Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I was wondering this also. Maybe you can run the sick speed horns?

7. sph101

sph101 Prius 4

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I was able to fit a WOLO Bad Boy 419 Air horn in the stock location, needs to be wired to the relay that comes with it. the horn is really loud. The video is a civic with the horn installed doing a drive by to show how loud it is.