1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Car Is Off, But Blowing Air

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by bpeacock, Jul 17, 2018.

Tags:
  1. bpeacock

bpeacock Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Lately (probably 50% of the time) when I get into my 2012 Prius I notice that the vents are blowing air - as though the A/C or heat is running - but the air is the same temperature as it is outside. This is before I try to turn the car on or press the pedals. We have been making sure to turn the fan off before we turn off the car but that doesn’t seem to make a difference. Has anyone experienced this before?

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Do you have a moonroof? If so, it’s probably the solar panel ventilation system that is running. The solar panel is located on the back half of the roof of your car.

fuzzy1 and Raytheeagle like this.
  3. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The control switch for the Solar Ventilation System (part of the moonroof package) is to the left of the steering wheel. See page 339 of your 2012 Owner's Manual.

I always leave it turned on. Turning it off will make the car interior hotter when you return.

4. Grit

Grit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    All the time, when sun is out on the solar panels. Got that info from the owners manual

5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    interesting how the o/p states 'lately'. someone must have inadvertently bumped the on/off switch.

fuzzy1 likes this.