1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Car Pool (HOV) sticker. When will they be issued again??

Discussion in 'Prius Tax Credit Discussion' started by BayAreaPrius1, Aug 21, 2008.

1. Acre

Acre New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    My Prius is just 10 days od and I would never consider adding HOV stickers. I realize the SF Bay Area may not be as bad as the LA basin but I've always been able work around gridlock. I live 27 miles from work and rarely experience it. It's a question of timing and route. Then there's the issue is safety. The speed differential between the commute lane and the rest of the lanes creates a hazardous condition. If one listens to the traffic reports regularly one realizes that most fatal crashes in the Bay Area happen in or adjacent to commute lanes. Safe entrance and exit from those lanes often requires more than a mile of planning. I seldom use them even when I have a second person in the car. I'll just drag myself out of bed 15 minutes earlier, thank you very much.

2. andyprius

andyprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Hi Pat, I have wondered for some time if the State of CA has the slightest idea of what they were trying to accomplish with their HOV stickers. I assume they wanted to encourage high mpg vehicles. Since they are apparently encouraging pure ELECTRIC vehicles for 2012, methinks these idiots in Sacramento are playing some sort of political or publicity game. Are they aware of the fact that if you are doing 65 ( speed limit here ) in the HOV lane the car is going to run out of juice very quickly. So if they are really catering to the pure EV DRIVER, who is making a trip of15-20 min to work OR the home maker doing her/his shopping. It is more than likely that we will never see any EV commuter tooling down the road at 65-70mph and traveling the 90 miles from Sacto to SF. ( with the present technology ) Perhaps our legislators have some other sneaky plan, for the HOV lanes. Note: above comments exclude Tesla vehicles, which may or may not meet the above test. :cheer2: