1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Car seems to do nothing in drive or reverse?

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by Stock808, Oct 12, 2021.

1. Stock808

Stock808 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Just bought a 01 Prius, dirt cheap. Has a new hybrid battery put in a little while back. Which intrigued me.

has the red triangle error, pulled a code “p3130” which is for the inverter pump. Last owner got it towed into a shop because it died on the highway. They replaced an AM2 Fuse and seems to be working now. I guess he wasn’t aware the inverter pump was failing too.

I drove the car a bit earlier, just around 30 seconds. Let it sit. Now it starts, however shifting into Drive or reverse does nothing. I’m pushing the accelerator and i can see the power flow go to the wheels, but it doesn’t budge. I can see on the display it does indeed shift but I’m lost here now. There’s no other codes stored and the car strangely is saying “Ready”

2. nimblemotors

nimblemotors Re Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    You left on the emergency brake??? Raise a front wheel off the ground and see if it will spin..

Pulse07 likes this.
  3. Stock808

Stock808 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Left it off, but I seem to have resolved it.

did some digging on the forum and found my shift linkage was disconnected from the transmission. I re-attached it to the shifter and works great now.