1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Car shutoff while driving - ABS VSC Check Engine and (!) lights

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by JosephAC, Apr 16, 2022.

1. JosephAC

JosephAC New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Was taking a roadtrip in my 08 Prius (127k milea) yesterday and filled up on gas and oil (my Gen 2 for some reason burns oil faster than most, have had this checked out before) and after driving for 10 miles afterwards several lights on my dash turned on;

ABS, VSC, Check Engine, and (!).

I drove it a couple more miles to a rest stop, and just as I pulled into a parking lot the car SHUT OFF and I was just able to coast it into a spot. When I turned it back on, I was able to ready it and the lights were no longer on the dash. To be safe, we had it towed the rest of the way. Today we ran the codes;

C1241 Low or High Power Supply Voltage.

No other codes otherwise. The 12v battery was replaced in August, and had to be jumped for an unknown reason in January. Today I was able to drive it to Autozone and back to get voltages checked and all voltages are normal and car drives fine.

Now what??? Any help appreciated

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    possible rodent damage

3. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    The C1241 is a code about voltage arriving at the skid control ECU. It can be about the 12 volt battery voltage, but doesn't have to be; other things can cause it.

If you have access to a laptop with Techstream, or access to a buddy or shop with a laptop with Techstream, the C1241 code may have a "freeze frame". The freeze frame may have an "INF code" (81, 82, 83, or 84) that gives more detail about what happened, and will also have actual voltage readings from the moment the code was set. Those could be valuable clues.

4. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Welcome to PriusChat!!
    Which device or app did you use?

FYI : you're moderated until you've posted 5 times.