1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Car wash leak

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by JJ Nelson, May 22, 2018.

1. JJ Nelson

JJ Nelson Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Did anyone ever take their prime to the car wash and open the hatch and there are soap soads and water all around the frame and even the rubber molding? MVIMG_20180521_094626.jpg

2. triggerhappy007

triggerhappy007 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    Base
    I wouldn't be surprised if you're taking it to a car wash. I just washed my car at home and didn't see any suds but I had to wipe away water in there. I had to open the doors and wipe away water as well.

3. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    The last step of any wash process is to open the doors and hatch, wipe things out. You want to start at the top, work your way down, rinse the cloth out as you go, and save the grit prone zones for last.

Maybe try another car wash; seems like their "rinse cycle" is not that good. Hand washing in the driveway is always better, more thorough too, if that works for you.

4. pineprius

pineprius 15th Hole #4

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    The car wash we have gone to leaves a tremendous amount of soap especially at the top inside of the hatch, almost filling the whole void. I always ask the attendant to wipe it down, and then still have to again when we get home. Tired of it, we just wash them (2) Primes at home now, and with Eagle One Nano spray wax it's simple to keep them sparkling clean and shiny.

5. David Beale

David Beale Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    That is not a "leak". The seal is at the rubber. Water and dirt always gets up to the rubber seal. If you see water past the rubber -that- is a leak.

SeattleBicycler and Mendel Leisk like this.
  6. That's normal when I take mine to a touchless pressure wash. I carry extra microfiber towels with me for this reason.