1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

1. Jmad1138

Jmad1138 New Member

Anyone had any real problems with Carwash jockey's not knowing how to drive the car?

I've seen some posts about this but no latley

Thanks

2. justsoup

justsoup New Member

Sorry, I have always washed my own car. I'm sure if you explain it to the car wash dude, he/she will get it or just offer to pull the car up yourself and drive it out once it's finished.

3. eclectcmoi

eclectcmoi Muffinologist

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I haven't had that problem yet and I get Trixie washed once a week at "hand wash" car washes. I live and work in areas though where Prii are pretty common. Just to make sure though if it's a new car wash I'm trying, I do always ask if they know how to drive a Prius. So far, everyone has. I still watch them like a hawk though!!!

4. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    It's not the driving the car that I object to.

It's the swirls from the car washes.

I hand wash my own car. And I have a dual action polisher to detail.

5. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    If you have a place to try it, wash the car yourself. The Prius has a great body, IMHO...washing it can be very stimulating at times...

(perhaps I need to get out more often)

6. tacomel

tacomel New Member

If you can stomach it, you'll have to experiment a little bit. Expect that when you ask the carwash attendant if they know how to drive the car that they will say yes, regardless of whether this is true or not. Expect the valet cards to be of little use.

My wife and I went to one carwash, left the keys in the cupholder (we have SKS), and asked the guy if he knew how to drive it. He said yes, and five minutes later came in to find us to ask for the keys. We said they were in the cupholder. Eventually the car came out, down to two bars. We have not been back.

I tried another one, and it was the manager who was taking the orders, so I asked him if they were familiar. He said that they were familiar - and trained. I have not had a problem there, nor have I had the battery drop by more than a few bars from drop-off to pick-up. I suspect this carwash has a lot of Prius business because it's right by the UW-Madison campus. (Octopus on old University Ave. for anyone in my neck of the woods.)

7. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jmadison @ Sep 30 2006, 03:35 PM) [snapback]326165[/snapback]</div>
    From what I recall reading, as long as they know how to hold the...gear(?)...selector in 'N' for a few seconds, so the car stays in neutral and can roll down the little belt thingie, you'll probably be okay...if it's that kind of car wash, of course.

Whether to wash it yourself or take to carwash is also an environmental dilemma; doing it yourself uses more H20, but you also avoid the recycled, potentially gritty water that your fair Prius might encounter in a car wash.

8. ebf1978

ebf1978 New Member

I read in my Prius instruction booklet to avoid high pressure washing of the battery vents (2001 Prius). Most of the local car washes use high pressure water as part of their wash. The attendant assured me that may Prius was at their location and haven't had problems but I'm concerned. Anyone experience issues related to this? Should I avoid these types of car washes, just in case?

thank you!

9. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pinto Girl @ Oct 3 2006, 09:32 PM) [snapback]327630[/snapback]</div>
    Yeah if only women where all built like a prius! economical and fun to drive.. :huh: Errr scratch that last one.. :lol:

I ued to take mine to those soft touch carwashes and they would wax it too.. I would leave the fob in the cup holder and watch the poor guys tray and find the key.. :lol: :lol: :lol: