1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Car wax or paint sealant?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Roger3125, Apr 26, 2006.

1. Roger3125

Roger3125 New Member

I had more Clear Bra put on my Prius today by Lance Hughs. Excellent work! After he put on a coat of 'Paint sealant" and WOW. Looks great

Went to an auto supply store to see what brands they carry and they never heard of it. All they know about is wax/polishes. Anyone using a paint sealant? If so how has your experience been. Do you go strictly with the sealant or wax first followed up with a sealant. Curious as most sealants are suppose to last 6 months and longer. Waxs, lucky if you get 3 months.

Again, if your thinking about getting 3M or ClearBra give Lance Pughs a call. I highly recommend his work.

Thanks all
    Roger3125

2. jbarnhart

jbarnhart New Member

It would help if you would add your location to your profile. Clear Bra installations are best done locally!

3. Roger3125

Roger3125 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Roger3125 @ Apr 26 2006, 07:49 PM) [snapback]245828[/snapback]</div>
    I beleive I have, Orange County, CA

4. ghostofjk

ghostofjk New Member

Roger, there's a strong contingent of devotees/converts to Zaino products here. I'm one, and the stuff is excellent (and not cheap!). If you want, look back in the Maintenance forum a few pages and you'll find it (2 or 3 threads.) Zaino has a website, too; they ship from NJ.

5. SW03ES

SW03ES Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Unfortunately there's little to no uniformity with how companies label their products. There are a lot of "sealants" out there that really aren't sealants at all. Longevity also varies, 6 months is definately the maximum life for any of them though.

Zaino is definately a polymer sealant, as is Klasse. Poorboys makes one too. Personally I prefer the warmer look of a carnuaba to the harder plasticy shine of a sealant, but thats all personal preference.

6. Roger3125

Roger3125 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SW03ES @ Apr 27 2006, 03:24 PM) [snapback]246249[/snapback]</div>
    I'm hearing so much about Zaino on this site I will have to look into it. If its difficult to put on, knowing myself, I wouldn't keep up with. Thats why I was considring a paint sealant. So Zaino is a paint sealant and not a wax? Boy am I getting myself confused.

Since I have Super White I'm thinking wax or sealant will look the same. Any opinions> All are welcome to confuse me more. LOL and you can count on it

Thanks guys