1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Car won’t start

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Pete123456789, Jan 16, 2021.

1. Pete123456789

Pete123456789 New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I asked someone to start my car for me to warm it up but they didnt know how. They said they pressed the "key" button underneath the steering wheel, then held down the brake and pressed the on button and it turned on, i have never started my car this way i always insert the fob into the dash and then press the brake and push start. They brought the key back into the building with them and said it was on but when i got to my car about 10 minutes later it was off and my key wont unlock/lock the doors and my car wont turn on. I tried pressing the key button again and doing what they did multiple times but it wont turn on. I have a 2009 prius.

2. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    The button under the steering wheel turns your wireless lock/unlock ability off. Use the mechanical key to get into the car and then push that button and everything should be back to normal.