1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Car works, but no dash lights, MFD on, but not working

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by bustedryde, Feb 12, 2013.

1. bustedryde

bustedryde Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I have an 08 Prius with 135k+ on it, and just this morning the car turns on, but dashboard is off (nothing to do with the dial), the MFD is on (but it's not measuring anything - just static), I'm able to cycle through the screens, use climate control, etc - still able to drive, except with the above issues. I have no idea how to tell what my fuel level is like nor my speed - where do I even begin to troubleshoot? Car turns on/off and drives as usual (except the LED on the "Power Button" doesn't stay green when driving).

2. Avi's Advanced Automotive

Avi's Advanced Automotive Independent hybrid repair shop

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Three
  3. bustedryde

bustedryde Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Thanks Avi. Anything I should look out for before I'm able to take it to the dealership (I'm just going to fill it up and eyeball my distances)?

4. Rigante Black

Rigante Black New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----

I just had the combination meter replaced myself, symptoms sound identical. Additional problems you may encounter:

Unable to turn off vehicle without a hard shut down. (Pressing and holding power button)

Rear Hatch will become inoperable.

Battery charge level / charging stasis unavailable

The biggest problem with CM replacement right now is the back log on the new part. I was in a rental for three weeks before they got the part in, and it only took an hour or two to install it.