1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Caravaning Priuses

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Roger3125, May 21, 2006.

1. meezercat

meezercat New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(nerfer @ Jul 24 2006, 03:35 PM) [snapback]291575[/snapback]</div>
    I've also been surprised how many people I've had to explain it to...and how many people think I have to plug it in at night!

Anyway, I've seen few others since I got mine, but one day last week there was some horrific traffic getting on the tollway, and a red Prius let me in :) He was right behind me most of the way to my destination. It was kind of fun. I can imagine a caravan!

2. barbaram

barbaram Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I guess if you are in CA it's hard not to caravan since there are sooooo many of us there!

3. molgrips

molgrips Member

If there's a convoy of Prii, why not tailgate each other and rotate the leader every so often, just like cyclists do. I wonder how high your mpg would go then? Perhaps someone can try that on a track ;)

4. NuShrike

NuShrike Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jkash @ Jul 24 2006, 12:44 PM) [snapback]291542[/snapback]</div>
    There's usually a few parked near the meters near Magnolia and Lankershim. You are missing around 10 or so hidden away in a parking garage near there. :) I stopped counting.

I do see a few driving around sometimes too, and with increased frequency.

However, I live in manicured lawns-land (even in this heat wave), and I'm still the only Prius in my neighborhood. The rest prefer their luxury cars and SUVs.

5. mrbigh

mrbigh Prius Absolutum Dominium

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    I had caravan or motorcade with another 35 in this past weekend in Madison,WI.
    The 2006 Hybridfest was a BLAST!!! ;)

6. HerkyHawk

HerkyHawk New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cary1952 @ May 27 2006, 10:43 PM) [snapback]261943[/snapback]</div>
    I am just up the road from you in Brookings and we have at least 5 or 6 in town (soon to be 7, I hope :D ). It's fun to see so many in a small town...

7. mcbrunnhilde

mcbrunnhilde Opera singin' Prius nut!

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    This isn't on the road, but I parked at an organic market the other day next to a Classic. When I came out, the Classic was gone, but on my other side was an HCH and another classic, with a Gen2 on the other side of the [quite small] parking lot. :)