1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Cargo Cover Fit

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by beachgeek, Aug 17, 2015.

1. beachgeek

beachgeek Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    The cargo cover on my 2013 Prius v fits from the bar to the back but the flaps that go from the bar to the back of the back seats is a couple inches short. Is it something I am doing wrong or did they give me the wrong cargo cover?

2. Air_Boss

Air_Boss Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Seat location forward/aft and seat rake affect the distance between the cover spreader bar and the headrest pillars to which the cover tabs mount.

beachgeek likes this.
  3. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I was going to suggest reclining the back seat. Mine fits fine although I rarely attach it to the back seat. Occasionally I will cover the cargo.

beachgeek likes this.
  4. emm0119

emm0119 New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I found I had to recline the seats one click back from where I would have otherwise put them. Also, the reach isn't even across the 1/3 and 2/3 splits. The single seat can sit up just a bit more than the other and still reach (or, with the seats at the same position, one flap is looser than the other). It's not the nicest fit/finish compared to the rest of the car.

beachgeek likes this.
  5. beachgeek

beachgeek Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Went to the dealer. Hadn't seen these responses. Turns out you have to have the rear seats back AND slightly recline them for it to work. Like you folks said. Stupid design. Dealer didn't know it either. We figured it out after one from another Prius v didn't work either.

6. Stevevee

Stevevee Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Took me two years to figure out that the cargo cover fits in a slot under the cargo floor for storage. We routinely have bags in the back that don't fit under the cargo cover, so now it's stowed most of the time.

7. beachgeek

beachgeek Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I think the front extension, ie, bar to back seat backs, should be adjustable somehow. But if that's my biggest complaint I'll be happy. I would never have thought of storing the bar in the vehicle. I do use the cargo cover to hide things (it's wise here) and to shade things (it's hot here). The dogs do not like it though so when they ride I tend to take it out.

8. Air_Boss

Air_Boss Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    A double-roller cover would have been the cat's meow...