1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Cargo Floor Space Dimensions, Gen 4 variants

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by priusrecon, Jan 7, 2022.

1. priusrecon

priusrecon Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello Gen 4 Prius owners;

I currently have a Gen 2 and am looking to compare cargo space DIMENSIONS, (that is the length, width, & height measurements in inches) of the Gen 3 and Gen 4 cargo floor spaces.

Can anyone tell me the interior dimensions of the cargo compartments of the Gen 4 Priuses? I'm specifically looking for the length from the backs of the rear seats to the closed rear hatch, and both the widths between the wheel wells, and the wider widths behind them, in inches.

There are a lot of references to this online, but it's always in unhelpful formats such as in cubic feet, or vague references to # of suitcases, without mentioning the specific dimensions. I'm not interested in any of those, I need specifically the LENGTHS and WIDTHS in inches.

BTW, if any of you guys should also have those dimensions for cars like the Prius V and the Prius C variants, they would be just cherry as well......

Thanks a bunch;

2. alanclarkeau

alanclarkeau Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'd suggest to go and look at one - with a tape measure if you wish - as the shape of the floor makes it difficult to describe how useful it is (or not).
    upload_2022-1-8_9-35-23.png

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  3. AzWxGuy

AzWxGuy Weather Guy

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    Sure, I'll bite. This is for my 2021 Limited with the venetian blind cargo cover removed. From the back of the back seats measured at floor level to hatch it's 35 inches. From the top of the back seat to the window crossbar it's 30 inches. Width was measured at floor level where it is the minimum. Things round and distance spreads with height until you reach the hatch opening. At the back seats it's 36 inches wide, notches to 40 inches about midway, and is 54 inches from corner to corner. While I'm contorting around I shot some elevations too. From the center of the cargo floor to the rear window it's 28 inches. It's also 28 inches from the floor behind the back seats to the roof. And, from the cargo floor to the rear window crossbar it's 21 inches.

java007md and bisco like this.