1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Cargo Floor Space Dimensions

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by priusrecon, Jan 7, 2022.

1. priusrecon

priusrecon Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello Gen 3 Prius owners;

I currently have a Gen 2 and am looking to compare cargo space DIMENSIONS, (that is the length, width, & height measurements in inches) of the Gen 3 and Gen 4 cargo floor spaces.

Can anyone tell me the interior dimensions of the cargo compartments of the Gen 3 Prius? I'm specifically looking for the length from the backs of the rear seats to the closed rear hatch, and both the widths between the wheel wells, and the wider widths behind them, in inches.

There are a lot of references to this online, but it's always in unhelpful formats such as in cubic feet, or vague references to # of suitcases, without mentioning the specific dimensions. I'm not interested in any of those, I need specifically the LENGTHS and WIDTHS in inches.

BTW, if any of you guys should also have those dimensions for cars like the Prius V and the Prius C, those would be just cherry as well......

Thanks a bunch;

bisco likes this.
  2. Johnny Cakes

Johnny Cakes Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    It is a very difficult thing to get an accurate handle on. While I would have put up with the lower height in the Gen 4, the layout behind the rear seat has a constriction point in the middle due to the structural support for the roof -- think hourglass. That only affects the square footage a little bit but has a HUGE impact on what you can lay flat in the car. I'd probably be driving an Gen 4 today if it weren't for that.

Mendel Leisk and bisco like this.
  3. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Go to weather text website I bet they can give you the laser dimensions they use to make the trunk mat for all three of those cars Gen 2 Gen 3 Gen 4 I would imagine Prius c and all that nonsense I would think for two three and four it's so minimal I wouldn't really want to know but I'm sure there are people that just need to know

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    weather text, no comprende

Johnny Cakes likes this.
  5. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Weather tech the floor mat folk. They advertise all over the world it's a red and white logo WeatherTech

bisco likes this.
  6. Hybrid Hound

Hybrid Hound Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I just noticed this post and thought of the experience I had a couple of weeks ago. I bought a solar panel from a guy and he asked "how you gonna get this home"? I said in the back of the car. He looked doubtful. The panel was 41X63. We both picked it up carefully, a tilt here, a lift there, and VOILA it was nestled in the back behind the seats with an inch or two to spare (lengthwise). He was impressed! It was snug against the side wheel well plastic. It didn't move much while bringing it home LOL! Anyway, that was my experience... YMMV.