1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Cargo measurements in Prius V

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by caper37, Oct 7, 2011.

1. caper37

caper37 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I know that the cargo volume is 67.3 cu in. Does anyone know what the measurements of cargo area are? I've searched around and don't see it anywhere.

I have an 07 Prius that I can fit one medium dog crate in....am wondering if the new larger 'wagon' can hold a larger one.

Thanks.

2. pvogel

pvogel '05 Five & '12 v

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I saw one "in the flesh" at a demo event here in silicon valley, I'd say it would easily fit a larger crate, but it would depend on where the dimensions differ and by how much. The normal cargo area (without seats down) is six inches deeper and about 4 inches higher than a standard prius.

The big thing that a lot of the reviews seem to miss is that the front passenger seat folds down, which creates a rather dramatic improvement for carrying long cargo (like RC airplanes :))

Peter+

3. limmelambok

limmelambok New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Check here. Guess the 5 seat Alpha will be more or less the same as the US one.

4. pvogel

pvogel '05 Five & '12 v

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Yep, except that the US one doesn't have as much space in the cargo box under the floor of the cargo area because of the space the NiMH batteries take vs. the LiIon batteries used by the Alpha to allow for the 7 seat config.

5. DianneWhitmire

DianneWhitmire High PRIUStess

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    It's being touted as having 50% more cargo room than a regular Prius. :)

6. MontPriusv

MontPriusv Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    A 35-3/4 x 24 x 27-1/4" H wire dog crate will exactly fit in the cargo space behind the rear seat (have to fold the seat down and do some fiddling to fit it in there, but it fits). Need a door in the long side of the crate for access. My lab loves his new "rear apartment".

7. JoanKB

JoanKB New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    III
    I could not find the answer I wanted, so I went to my garage and measured the hatch opening on my 2014 Prius v. See the attached photo for the results. The largest rectangular object that would fit would measure approximately 34" wide x 27.5" high.

Attached Files:

RickyV12 likes this.