1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Cargo Net

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Hybridguy, Jan 29, 2006.

1. jdjeep98

jdjeep98 New Member

I ordered one here and it arrived today. Not only does it fit perfectly, but it was labeled "Highlander/Prius Spider/Floor Net", Part Number 00016-47150. :p

It looks like it'll work great. B)

2. TOYCAR

TOYCAR New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Go to Ebay...They are 19.99 plus shipping...just browse (Prius cargo net)

3. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

These look the most practicle..
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Toyota-High...74040QQtcZphoto
    http://www.hyundaipartsonline.com/product_.../products_id/50

I think I prefer the "Highlander/Prius Spider/Floor Net"..... I hope it stretches enough to get alot underneath it, but it looks great otherwise.

They are big enough to put alot of stuff under it, yet small enough to fit tight if nothing is in it either... "a perfect fit!"

4. jdjeep98

jdjeep98 New Member

Mine sits flat on the floor when there is nothing under it, but the entire perimeter is a bungie and it stretches quite a bit. I pulled up on the middle after I hooked it on and it looks to me like it'll hold quite a bit.

5. Bonny G.

Bonny G. New Member

Sorry, haven't been on the board in a bit! Try searching ebay for "prius cargo" -- I came up with several different ones.

hope this helps!
    --Bonny G.

6. Miss_Taz

Miss_Taz New Member

Can anyone with a new 2006 model comment on this?

Is is STILL the case on the 06 that you have to specifically have the OEM cargo hooks installed in order to use a vertical cargo net in the Prius?

(I'm not talking about the 4 metal hooks on the floor of the Prius -- I'm talking about the 2 additional hook-ins which appear on SOME Prii near the location of the tonneau slot.)

I'd like to confirm before I place my final order for options whether I need to pay that extra $69 or not...

Thanks in advance!

-Vikki

7. mssmith95

mssmith95 Michael

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Miss_Taz @ Apr 5 2006, 08:08 AM) [snapback]235253[/snapback]</div>
    Not sure about the vertical hooks. I bought the one that goes on the floor on EBAY. Here is a link to the guys store
    http://stores.ebay.com/J-AND-S-ACCESSORIES
    He may be able to tell you, since I know that he has sold them before.

Let us know what you find out.

8. Amyshubby

Amyshubby 2017 Prius Prime Advanced

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Miss_Taz @ Apr 5 2006, 11:08 AM) [snapback]235253[/snapback]</div>
    The hooks are added if you have a package with the net.

I have a 2006 and it was supposed to come with the Z1 package which includes the net, 1st aid kit and carpet mats. When the car came in, it only had the package with the mats. They got the net in this week, and I am going back Friday so they can install the cargo hooks.

9. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Miss_Taz @ Apr 5 2006, 10:08 AM) [snapback]235253[/snapback]</div>
    It is very very easy to install the upper D-rings for attaching the cargo net. If you don't care about the cost then pay for it to be done by the dealer, but the nets are pretty cheap online and it takes about 3 minutes to drill 2 holes that you have templates to show you exactly where to drill so it's pretty darn hard to screw it up.

10. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Apr 5 2006, 11:17 AM) [snapback]235375[/snapback]</div>
    If anybody wants a new vertical one, please let me know. This is it on the cargo mat.

I listed it for sale earlier, and got no hits. Sale thread: http://priuschat.com/index.php?act=ST&f=11&t=16954

11. Begreen

Begreen Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Miss_Taz @ Apr 5 2006, 08:08 AM) [snapback]235253[/snapback]</div>
    Yes, definitely true. It's not a big deal to put in. I installed them in about 10 minutes. A template is provided and two holes need to be drilled into the plastic. My wife prefers the vertical net. It doesn't crush delicates like chips and flowers and has the bags waiting right at the exit of the hatch.

Shameless plug. I have an extra, new, vertical cargo net. Was going to eBay it, but if there is local interest, PM me. This is the official Toyota vertical net complete with upper hooks. We ended up getting two due to an ordering snafu.

12. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Begreen @ Apr 5 2006, 01:12 PM) [snapback]235436[/snapback]</div>
    Hey, buddy! You horning in on my business here? ;)