1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Cargo organizer

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by mfischer2, Jul 18, 2009.

1. CAR4TWO

CAR4TWO New Member

Model:
    III
    This is the cargo organizer we liked best because it can fold up and fits perfectly in the rear cargo storage tray when not in use. It has Velcro on the bottom so it won't slip around on tight corners. Two of them with space between gives you places to store beverages such as Coke and Beer. With two, you can use one for groceries and leave room for larger paper products. If you only need one bin the other side stays folded so there is more utility with this style. They are made of excellent material and should last a very long time.

We bought four from Target in blue at $15 each. We think we will use them on vacations to hold purchases water perhaps. It does add utility to the rear cargo area and should come standard from or be an option offered by Toyota. On a scale of one to ten, I give this one a solid 10. :thumb:

2. Manolo1

Manolo1 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I just bought the Toyota cargo organizer.
    Not very happy with it, but now I have my under cargo section much better utilized than before. I wish they had much thinner separations to use the space better... now I carry my air compressor, rags, chamois, lamp, tire gauge, etc, which before it was at home just waiting for the organizer...

3. indianagreg

indianagreg Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

Could I trouble you to provide dimensions? (That is, if they have other colors!!!) :D

Thanks!

4. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    At the Target store that I went to, they had it in pink or blue, each with black trim.

I remember the packaging had the dimensions. But I didn't buy one so I can't tell you. (I got a cheap -- around $6, spring loaded one from Walmart instead.)

1 person likes this.
  5. CAR4TWO

CAR4TWO New Member

Model:
    III
    Hi Greg:

They are 24 inches long but expandable a bit beyond that. They are 14 inches wide and 12 inches high. Two fit very nicely in the cargo bay with room left over for beverages and paper. Two will give you four bins if you need them and if you don't you can make any number from 1 to 4. When not in use, they take up nearly no room at all.

1 person likes this.
  6. Star gazer

Star gazer Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    This is a great organizer, appears well made and fits great and leaves enough room for other stuff. It does not slide around on top of my all weather cargo mat. The only drawback is it does have a bit of an odor to it that I did not notice after airing it out for day before putting it into the car. Thanks for the great suggestion! :D

7. rrolff

rrolff Prius Surgeon

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Yes - I also own it - mostly because it seemed practical (for the lower area) - but I knew when I put it in the car - it was quite lame.
    Why, oh why, in the whole world of practicality, would you design an organizer that *cuts* most likely 50% or the space out (UNUSABLE). I bought it sight unseen - the parts guys thought it was crazy cheap (~$45) - had to order it, and now I wish I had just made my own dividers.... It is the silliest thing for a limited space car - to take up all the space with injected molded plastic (from the pictures it does not look this way - buy it, and you will know...). Why they didn't spend a few marketing $$ here is beyond me...

Enough ranting - if you don't mind losing like 40%+ of the space, and like neat organization - and don't use that space much - buy it - it's very cheap (same as a cargo net), and looks nice!

8. indianagreg

indianagreg Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    That's the one I purchased, too. Mine had a very slight odor; nothing more than any other new synthetic as far as I could tell.

I've got the all weather cargo mat, too, and was very pleased that the organizer stays put without actually adhering to the mat. This characteristic makes it possible to place the organizer in various positions to create different "negative" spaces that will accommodate objects that won't fit in the organizer for whatever reason, e.g., because it is already at capacity.

The fact that the dividers can be moved and that the organizer can be collapsed for storage adds to the product's flexibility.

A very good choice IMO.

Greg