1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Cargo Room - Not Volume but hard measurements

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by kenzinn, Feb 26, 2012.

1. kenzinn

kenzinn New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Can a Prius v (Wagon) owner please measure and post the length of the cargo area behind the front seats to the hatch - for something to lay flat ? (measure while the front seats are pushed back the whole way for the most driver leg room).......Also I'm interested in the width between the rear wheel wells in this cargo area? Thanks !

2. Wanderer

Wanderer Hybrid neophyte

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I will check tomorrow to see if you have any responses. If not I will grab these tomorrow afternoon. W

3. SageBrush

SageBrush Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I had dimension questions too when I was car shopping a few months ago. I took a tape measure when I went to a couple dealerships.

The Prius wagon surprised me greatly by offering no more floor cargo length than a standard Prius. The extra length is a gap between the front seat and the cargo floor, and the front seat cannot be folded down to lie flush with the floor. I mention this because there really is no substitute for doing the measurements yourself. Only you know the constraints of the cargo you want to haul.

4. kenzinn

kenzinn New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks to you for your reply; I have not been out to a dealership to check an actual model yet and may not get there this week. I wish these measurements were available on the Toyota site or this chat site but they are not by all apperarances........

5. GantryG

GantryG New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    The only official measurements that we have are with the second-row seats up on the five-seat model, from the Toyota Japan website, but at least it gives the width between the wheel wells (39.17 inches, 995mm)- at least it looks that way, although the length dimension confuses me, because it looks like it should be longer than that.:

[​IMG]

If that's the case, it looks like we in the North American market had another feature removed, because the Japanese version has fully-folding down front seats (both of them.) From toyota.jp:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Following a test drive at an event Friday (Seattle Home Show), I folded down the passenger seat and was able to get it flat, as shown here. After sliding it forward and removing the head restraint, of course. Wish my Gen3 would do that. Didn't try the driver seat.

With the rear seat folded and driver seat set for my legs (I'm 6'1"), the trunk length was 6'0". But the seat was not fully pushed back, so OP will find slightly less cargo length available.

7. Wanderer

Wanderer Hybrid neophyte

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Ok kenzinn better late than never. It has been a little hectic around here.

The distance between the rear wheel wells that we measured: 39"

The length of the cargo area with front seat all the way back with some lean was 70" to the lower part of the seat. Higher up toward the driver's head rest would be closer to 68" where the seat curves. This measurement was from the front of the plastic rear door frame to touching the front seat.

Hope this helps! W