1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Carista - gen4 diagnostic fail/unable

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Technical Discussion' started by PtPri, Aug 12, 2021.

1. PtPri

PtPri Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Luxury
    Greetings.

When I try to run the diagnostics on my 2016 Prius, with Carista OBD and its app, I get a few items where it states that they are unable to check for the status.

It says that it checked for 32 ECUs.

The failed checks are:
    - front radar sensor
    - power steering
    - steering angle
    - LKA
    - Airbags

AFAIK, the cruise control works and keeps distance, the power steering works, the LKA works (but, 2016, is not that good (aka, pretty slow and ping-pongs)... Can't say on the airbags, but the only light I get is to tell that the passenger airbag is on (baby carry warning).

I have no warning lights, no messages.
    Should I try to reset all, or should I take it to the service center and have them check (used car, bought with warranty, has full service history with Toyota and was serviced by Toyota before delivery)?

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    you probably need tech stream, or the service center. i don't thnk any other readers are 100% on a prius

PtPri likes this.
  3. PtPri

PtPri Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Luxury
    I'll run a hybrid check before going to the service centre, any recommendations between Dr. Prius, Doctor Hybrid, ...?

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    just what i've read here. they seem pretty good, but there are certain codes and subcodes they cannot handle.

PtPri likes this.