1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Carista OBD2 limitations and successes

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by Dmitriy Sokol, Feb 1, 2017.

1. SHDL

SHDL Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Just as an FYI, I purchased a Wishpower Bluetooth OBD2 Scanner on Amazon.com, and Carista does not recognize it. It was much less expensive than the Carista OBD2 scanner, but, turns out to be the wrong choice for setting various options on my Prime. :(

2. Redthorne

Redthorne Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    I just ordered and used the BAFX Products one, for about $20. It worked flawlessly, I recommend it.

3. benagi

benagi Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I ordered the Carista obd2 hardware and downloaded the app to my iPhone. It worked great for changing the few options I needed, especially that backup beep. Also, it was nice that Carista gave a 30 day free trial for the pro version. I have since canceled the trial before the 30 days were up.

There was another thread regrading the Carista and a user not being able to cancel their subscription. I had no problem canceling so I wouldn’t automatically get billed for a year. I give the Carista a thumbs up.

4. sfblue

sfblue New Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Another thumbs up for Carista from me. Backup beep beeps are gone. Also enabled unlocking all doors at once.
    One thing I couldn't find is a way to turn off the startup chimes. Any pointers?

5. priuscatprimeguy

priuscatprimeguy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    If you are referring to the 11.5 inch screen then yes there is a way to silence it but not from the Carista app, it's in the 11.5 inch settings, not sure where because I've had my car since 11-2016 and don't remember where it was

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

6. sfblue

sfblue New Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    I should have noted - 7" screen in Prime Plus.

priuscatprimeguy likes this.