1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Carjacking scenario

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by harrv, Oct 15, 2007.

1. a priori

a priori Canonus Curiosus

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TonyPSchaefer @ Oct 16 2007, 07:04 PM) [snapback]526608[/snapback]</div>
    As was I! I was just trying to offer a frame of reference by comparing my experience with other cars that had fobs. I"m wondering whether having the key fob in your pocket is to the Prius what having the key in the ignition is like to other cars (for the purpose of the panic button, that is!).

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TonyPSchaefer @ Oct 16 2007, 07:04 PM) [snapback]526608[/snapback]</div>
    I hope we can. Are you going to be in Des Plaines with Wayne on Saturday? I'm hoping to be there for some part of Saturday afternoon.

2. pjm877

pjm877 Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    what would be real neat... They take the car, don't know about the fob, or you trick them by saying it is on and don't demand the "key", see all the lights... as they drive away you press the panic red button... The car seeing that it is in drive/running starts a count down timer.. after say two min which would get them far away from you... the car goes into "N" and won't go out... they pull over ... when the MPH/KPH... hits 0... "Bang" the car turns off... they are at the side of the road or parked somewhere... no lights, no nothing... maybe just the horn going off like you just press the "red" button... they run...

Maybe we get a fake FOB.. have it handy... and that is what you give them when they ask...

That would be so cool...

and 38... heck... simi-auto 9mm and you unload the clip... you only have to clear the window for 1/2 sec...

OK enough dreaming... you are stopped.. the eng is not running... you start to open the door and they step back.. you get out very quickly and roll on the ground away from the car... the car starts to roll off... they are too busy trying to catch the car, they forget about you ... you run the other way and live to call the police... and your Ins. Co.

and yes after calling the police, I will need a change of pants...

just some thoughts