1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Carly VS carista?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by MagnusAG99, May 21, 2019.

1. MagnusAG99

MagnusAG99 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Carly has just been updated to work with Toyota, anyone who knows if the carly app is better than Carista? I know the 3rd gen prius is supported, but got no idea what sort of "coding" u can do to the prius... Anyone here who knows? I know carista only reads what hidden customazations there is available, while carly actually codes (atleast for BMW). Is there a chance carly got more features than carista? if so then ill maybe change to carly...

2. StarCaller

StarCaller Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
  3. MagnusAG99

MagnusAG99 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
  4. MagnusAG99

MagnusAG99 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Okay... SO this is the worst customer service i have ever had... Carly refuse to answer on email when i ask them if the carly app can do something Carista cant do, and when i ask what the heck some of the options means and such, like this. What the crap does this mean? They wont answer, why in the world can u adjust the headlight`s brightness? my guess is that u cant and theyve just added this without knowing what it means.. (and no, this isnt the "day/night sensor treshold sensitivity" option...)
    [​IMG]

Same with this, from what i know, no prius`s got coming home light, no norwegian ones atleast...
    [​IMG]

And this, prius doesnt have tap to signal from factory... Gotta install the smarttap flasher module from diode dynamics to get that...
    [​IMG]

And when i ask their live chat they answer this. What an utter garbage customer service from Carly... Sticking to carista for sure.. The customer support people pretty much only answer with pre-made messages, that does not answer my questions... Carly keeps saying they "code" the cars, they dont code them when they only give u a choice to change hidden options thats already in the car...
    [​IMG]

5. StarCaller

StarCaller Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    ask them if you'll get your money back if the 'signal auto flasher count' setting doesn't work/

6. jb in NE

jb in NE Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    This appears to be the "headlights off" delay after you park the car.

The US Prime has this, and likely the US Gen 4 Prius has it as well (don't have one to check).

Referring to your screen shot, I wouldn't expect them to give you a run down of their product with their competitor. But, that app looks clunky and poorly written compared to Carista.

As an example, here is their page of all the possible settings, and the one most people want to change (reverse beep) does not appear to be included.

Coding Toyota with Carly for Toyota List - What is possible? | Carly

Prieth likes this.
  7. MagnusAG99

MagnusAG99 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I dont have that, dont think this option is on my prius atleast, "coming home lights" is when u flash the high beam stalk when the car is off, it turns on the low beam projectors and lights up for whatever u set it to, our auris`s has this and i love it... My prius just turns of the lights whenever i open the driver door. Wouldve been great for it to have em on regardless for 30 sec after i have opened the door tho. Why the prius doesnt have "coming home lights" is beyond me, some strange decisions has been taken at toyota for years now...

And yea, gen 4 for sure got it, and the prime, the face lift gen 3 also might also have it, i know our 2013 and 2016 auris got it factory (and those were supposed to be the prius`s little brother, yet they have more features). But the 2009-2011 prius dont, i had to install the smarttap flasher relay to get that. Which is why im wondering why its even on the list for the 2009-2011 prius... whole list just seems poorly made, they just added lots of options to make it seem like alot... And i have no idea why the reverse beep aint on there lol, seems like they arent familiar with toyota`s at all and just rushed "carly for toyota" out...

And i asked them what their app can do compared to their competitors, considering they aint even trying to "win me over", or try to tell me what it can do and why i should go for their product. My guess is that it does nothing more than carista, and that it cant "code" as they say, it can only change existing hidden settings. And they cant even explain what the settings mean, i think the whole list is just poorly translated from deutsch... "Headlight brightness"... Like what the heck is that? lol.

Im very happy with carista atleast... Im even in the beta program so i get it for free and get to test out new features before its rolled out. Hope they manage to squeeze some more features out of it soon.

8. MagnusAG99

MagnusAG99 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    TBH, i dont think i even wanna try that... They aint even answering my emails... Spending 75-80 dollars for their adapter just to try out the "lite" version is just insane... I tried using my carista OBD adapter, guess what? theyve blocked it, cant be used for carly. U have to buy their "specially made generation 2 toyota adapter" for 80 dollars...

9. Grit

Grit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Smart tap flasher you say? Does it come with euro style turn signal also? I know some Ford Focus comes with that feature.

Prieth likes this.
  10. MagnusAG99

MagnusAG99 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Euro style turn signal? U mean that the turn signal is off rather than on as it is in US?
    Anyways, only thing it does is add tap to signal, do so the turn signals light up for 10-90sec (configurable) whenver u lock and unlock it and change the warning lights, so it double flashes, wig wags and such. And it also prevents hyper flashing when changing to LED, theyre only for Scion, Subaru, toyota and Lexus for now tho.

11. James Powers

James Powers Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two

I read through this as well. I am carista user myself. IDK about the brightness feature but the "Coming home" feature is when you have the keys with you and you walk up to the car it can detect the key and the interior lights come on. Its actually pretty cool.

I wish we had the auto signal option.. I had that in my Subaru and while its just a lazy option, I used it all the time lol.

12. MagnusAG99

MagnusAG99 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    isnt this is what coming home/follow me home lights is? Thats what theyre called in carista for our auris`s atleast...

The feature u r talking about in carista is just called "turn on interior lights when key is in range" lol

And well, u just need to install the smarttap and u got it in the 3rd gen prius, its just that it is a BIT*H TO REMOVE, i nearly broke my damn spine... The flasher relay is literally up behind the steering wheel in the dash... And only way to get to it is to go under the pedals...

Prieth likes this.
  13. James Powers

James Powers Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two

I will be honest, Im not sure... I enabled it to see what it did and thats what changed, the interior lights came on when I walked up to the car.

As for the follow me home thing... Most headlights already stay on for a certain amount of time if you leave them on all the time. Mine stays on for about a minute then turn off.. Why are they acting like thats a new feature? LOL