1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Carpet Floor Mats Standard?

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by CurlyTop, Dec 27, 2018.

1. CurlyTop

CurlyTop New Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Hi All!
    Just came into a new 2018 Prius Prime Plus -- and I was surprised that there were no floor mats at all (even carpeted). I know that they had not been listed on the spec sheet pre-purchase, and this is my fault for not having thought to look for them as a line item. Is this standard that the car doesn't come with them at all unless they are added on into the MSRP? My MSRP for the metallic grey Plus was 27,300.

Browsing the forums it does look like others go the all-weather mat route after the fact, which I may do -- but I didn't even notice they weren't there until it snowed this weekend and I was bringing my wetness inside.

Thanks -- and looking forward to being a part of the forum to learn more about this great new car.

Brad

bisco likes this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome and congrats!
    yes, but you're better off. for the 200 toyota bucks, you'll find something aftermarket that's much nicer

all the best!(y)

CurlyTop likes this.
  3. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    On every new car I ever bought, this was an extra line item added to the MSRP, dealers ordered them that way from the factory. Browsing inventory online, I see few in my region that don't have this factory pre-loaded.

CurlyTop likes this.
  4. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    At the least OEM floor mat is usually added on barebone car in all of the new cars I have seen at the dealer. That said, consider yourself lucky, that you did not have to pay for the overpriced OEM floor mat. If I had that choice, I would definitely take those floor mats off from my MSRP and got myself a nice all weather custom mat from WeatherTech or Husky.

CurlyTop and fuzzy1 like this.
  5. Pdog808

Pdog808 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Basically, if you can find a car without the car mats pre-loaded that is a huge plus. I always considered the floormats a huge rip-off. For my Prime, the carpeted ones immediately went into a plastic bag while I order the Toyota all-weather ones off of the dealer's Ebay page for less than $100.

dubit, CurlyTop and fuzzy1 like this.
  6. CurlyTop

CurlyTop New Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Thanks for this perspective! With my past experiences, I wasn't appreciating that this was inevitably built into the MSRP with prior purchases and that my lower price now was without them. This helps me hold on to my otherwise positive experience with the dealership :) I'll be likely getting the Toyota ones at 50% off through the dealership or going the Weathertech route.

Salamander_King likes this.
  7. MikeDee

MikeDee Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    I think the rubber OEM ones are nicer.

iPhone ? Pro

CurlyTop likes this.
  8. 2015BlizzardPriusFour

2015BlizzardPriusFour Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Haven’t seen the weathertech ones for the Prius/Prime, but the Toyota ones seem to have a better feel and fit than the weathertechs I have in our jeep zj. Pretty good coverage overall. Even kind of like the trunk mat.

CurlyTop likes this.