1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Carpeted Dash Cover, Mat

Discussion in 'Prius c Accessories and Modifications' started by WD0AFQ, Aug 16, 2012.

1. WD0AFQ

WD0AFQ Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Today our new cover for the dash arrived from Dash Design. I paid a little more for it than others have from different companies. Am glad I did. This is one nice covering. I think it was 46 bux shipped. Took 10 days to get it as they have it made after your order is placed. Will take pictures after the heat "irons" it if anyone is interested. Not everyone likes these and I understand. We have had one on the Vibe gt since the car was new. We do like them on dashes like these cars have.
    Dan

PriusCamper likes this.
  2. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I'm exasperated with all the people who have a Prius Dashboard mat that they won't show pictures of... Not even the people who make dashboard covers will show me a picture of what it would look like in my Prius Gen2. Why would I buy a dash mat if I can't see what it looks like on the correct vehicles Dashboard? If anyone has a photo of a dashmat on their Gen2 please post it and let me know where you got it. I've scoured the entire internet and have yet to find a single picture of a Gen2 Prius with a Dashmat cover. Though it seems everyone and their mother wants to sell me one even though they won't show me one? Crazy!!!

3. WD0AFQ

WD0AFQ Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
  4. WD0AFQ

WD0AFQ Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Above is the one I chose, for the C. Same company made the one in the Vibe gt for me. I found the link, to the company, from a thread here on the C forum. I just laid it on the dash last night so the wrinkles will come out before I stick it. It will only need 3-4 pieces of velcro to hold it.
    We are happy with this one.
    Dan

5. Prismart

Prismart Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    [/quote]Same company made the one in the Vibe gt for me.
    I found the link, to the company, from a thread here on the C forum.
    We are happy with this one.
    Dan[/quote]

And,Pray tell, what link would that possibly be ?

Don

6. WD0AFQ

WD0AFQ Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
  7. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    LnG likes this.
  8. WD0AFQ

WD0AFQ Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    That would be nice. I am not that talented. They did not charge my card til after I got it. They make it after you place order and it is drop shipped. Took 8-10 days.
    Dan

9. Tracy

Tracy Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Thanks for posting the link Dan! I've had my C3 about a week now and did a drive to Mt. Rainier today and was really bothered by glare/reflections. I'm going to get one of these and hope it helps with that as well as protecting the dash.

Did you choose gray or charcoal for yours? Whichever it is, I think it looks perfect with the car so would like to get the same color :)

10. WD0AFQ

WD0AFQ Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Tracy, I think it is black, or so close I cant tell the difference. I only used two small pieces of velcro, that comes with it, to stick 2 corners. The one we have on the Vibe is 8 years old. If it has faded, I can not tell it.
    Love going to Rainier. My mother in law lives in Vancouver, Wa. Can't wait to drive the C out, 2400 miles.
    Dan

11. Tracy

Tracy Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Thanks Dan!

Should be a fun road trip for you in the C. I have a 1000 mi one on the calendar next year to Colorado :)

12. WD0AFQ

WD0AFQ Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Had a ball Tracy and just got home. Over 1700 miles and averaged 50 plus, calculated. That was at speed limits or above. Ain't nothing wrong with this kind of highway mileage.
    dan

13. TC400

TC400 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I got mine from Dash care w/ shipping $42 bucks. Not bad at all. Hardly any glare and it looks good!