1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Carphone

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Subversive, May 26, 2006.

1. Subversive

Subversive New Member

I've not owned a cell phone before and I don't want the ball-and-chain or the expense of it, but I do recognize its convenience in a car, especially since I live in a remote part of my state and have a long commute. So I bought an unlocked RAZR, which I figured was unlikely to give me problems, and I put in on the charger in cabinet between the front seats, and there I leave it. And I got an inexpensive prepaid cell plan which gives me four bars in almost all places I have been to so far. I already have a phone at home and at work, and this is just for emergencies--probably nobody will have the number except for my girlfriend. I get it all set up, it works fine for a week or so, and then I figured that would be the end of any hassle.

Wrong. Now the phone says "Charge Complete" when plugged into the charger and is dead when unplugged and the car can't detect the BlueTooth on the phone regardless of which state it is in. Ok, so I figured out from Google that I should just need to reset the phone by removing the battery and then putting it back.

But what I am wondering is how am I should I be hooking this sucker up, if I don't want to ever have to touch the cell phone again at all? I don't want to have to remember to attach it to the charger and unattach it from the charger and flip open the phone to check the battery or anything. Which power outlet should I be using, should I continue to have the Bluetooth searching on the phone always on, and do I need some sort of additional accessory device to regulate the cell battery charge or something, so that this problem doesn't happen again?

2. Three60guy

Three60guy -->All around guy<-- (360 = round) get it?

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    First you should know that the 12 volt accessory socket in the console is only turned on when you have the Prius powered up. When you turn off the Prius your charging stops too. There are modifications documented elsewhere here on PriusChat which will leave the power turned on the accessory sockets.

Cheers